Zjerre
Tinycontent hides info
  • 2004/6/5 17:14

• Zjerre

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/9/6 1

I'm using 4 duplicatable tinycontent modules (without the original module) and they worked fine. But today I made some changes on my template (style change and theme.html change) and I generated also the templates for these 4 modules in my admin center (I hope I'm making myself clear enough). Now I've got this problem: when I try to view the content of these tinycontent modules I get a normal page with navigation and stuff but I can't see my text. Although the settings are correct to see it...
What am I forgetting??

JackJ
Re: Tinycontent hides info
  • 2004/6/5 17:36

• JackJ

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2003/8/31

If you are editing the theme.html and style.css files in your themes folder and nothing appears to change, you must change a setting in System Admin-->Preferences-->General Settings

Look for this setting:

Update module template .html files from themes/your theme/templates directory

Now set this to "YES"

I don't know know if this is relevant to you not seeing text, you might also clear out your template_c folder, if this is a no go then post back.

Edit: If it is a blank page then switch on phpdebug in general settings and paste the results here

Zjerre
  • 2004/6/5 21:44

• Zjerre

• Just popping in

The first suggestions were already tried: cleared the template_c folder and switched to yes for theme changes but no result.

The php debug (for one of the 4 tinycontent modules) got this result:

Notice [PHP]: Constant _MI_STORYHOMEDSC already defined in file modules/news/language/nederlands/modinfo.php line 38
Notice [PHP]: Constant _MI_NOTIFYSUBMITDSC already defined in file modules/news/language/nederlands/modinfo.php line 39
Notice [PHP]: Constant _MI_DISPLAYNAVDSC already defined in file modules/news/language/nederlands/modinfo.php line 40
Notice [PHP]: Use of undefined constant _MI_TINYCONTENT_DESC - assumed '_MI_TINYCONTENT_DESC' in file modules/tinycontent2/xoops_version.php line 40
Notice [PHP]: Constant _MI_TC_BNAME1 already defined in file modules/tinycontent1/language/english/modinfo.php line 15
Notice [PHP]: Constant _TC_MD_ADMENU1 already defined in file modules/tinycontent1/language/english/modinfo.php line 18
Notice [PHP]: Constant _TC_MD_ADMENU2 already defined in file modules/tinycontent1/language/english/modinfo.php line 19
Notice [PHP]: Constant _TC_MD_ADMENU3 already defined in file modules/tinycontent1/language/english/modinfo.php line 20
Notice [PHP]: Constant _MI_WYSIWYG already defined in file modules/tinycontent1/language/english/modinfo.php line 23
Notice [PHP]: Constant _MI_WYSIWYG_DESC already defined in file modules/tinycontent1/language/english/modinfo.php line 24
Notice [PHP]: Use of undefined constant _TC_DONE_MAILTOENCODE - assumed '_TC_DONE_MAILTOENCODE' in file modules/tinycontent2/include/display.inc.php line 66
Notice [PHP]: Use of undefined constant _TC_MB_INTARTICLE - assumed '_TC_MB_INTARTICLE' in file modules/tinycontent2/include/display.inc.php line 67
Notice [PHP]: Use of undefined constant _TC_MB_INTARTFOUND - assumed '_TC_MB_INTARTFOUND' in file modules/tinycontent2/include/display.inc.php line 67
Notice [PHP]: Use of undefined constant _TC_PRINTERFRIENDLY - assumed '_TC_PRINTERFRIENDLY' in file modules/tinycontent2/include/display.inc.php line 78
Notice [PHP]: Use of undefined constant _TC_SENDSTORY - assumed '_TC_SENDSTORY' in file modules/tinycontent2/include/display.inc.php line 79
Warning [Xoops]: Smarty error: unable to read template resource: "db:tinycontent_index.html" in file class/smarty/Smarty.class.php line 1042

JackJ
  • 2004/6/5 21:59

• JackJ

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2003/8/31

This is the main one to worry about

What file is this? tinycontent_index.html

Warning [Xoops]: Smarty error: unable to read template resource: "db:tinycontent_index.html" in file class/smarty/Smarty.class.php line 1042

It looks like a permissions prob, is your content folder CHMOD 777?

Zjerre
  • 2004/6/6 10:09

• Zjerre

• Just popping in

Content folder is set 777
I uninstalled the module and re-installed it whit new content but even now it won't work... No blank page but the normal layout like it schoul be just the text is missing...
I don't get it.

Quote:

JackJ wrote:
What file is this? tinycontent_index.html

I just set on the php debug and opened .../modules/tinycontent2/index.php?id=3

Zjerre
  • 2004/6/11 12:27

• Zjerre

• Just popping in

Anybody???
Somebody must have had this problem...?

GIJOE
  • 2004/6/21 0:24

• GIJOE

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2003/8/13

It looks like all of the versions of tinycontents are not to the same.

Until mh011, tinycontent/ should be installed, for displaying another tinycontent*/.
Because tinycontent*/ uses the template of tinycontent/

It is the error message you saw. (db:tinycontent_index.html doesnot exist)

You can try mh012.
Its templates are independent each others.

Anyway, you'd better update tinycontent/ itself into mh012.
Of course, another tinycontent*/ should be updated.

Tovenaar
  • 2005/1/5 2:34

• Tovenaar

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/2/6 8

same problem here :(

ripped tinycontent* from my site with XOOPS 2.0.7.3 to a new site with XOOPS 2.0.9.2 and can't get the thing to work.

Continue to get this error:
Quote:
Warning [Xoops]: Smarty error: unable to read resource: "db:tinycontent_index.html" in file class/smarty/Smarty.class.php line 1084

it's not a chmod problem, updated the modules several times, I'm a bit puzzled. :-/ Who can help me out?

Tovenaar
  • 2005/1/5 2:48

• Tovenaar

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/2/6 8

never mind, solved it!

hmm gijoe seems to a bit right ... you only seem to need tinycontent/ during installation of the cloned modules ( tinycontent*/ )

This immediately explains why the single tinycontent2 on my old domain is still working. ;)

update: oh it seems the duplicatable tiny content I've used for over a year are replaced by TinyD
Might be useful for other users ;)

jmass
  • 2005/1/5 3:36

• jmass

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/12/18

TinyD is duplicated Tinycontent.....

I needed more than 10 instances, so I modified it to have 25 instances.

Login

Who's Online

231 user(s) are online (162 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 231

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits