prokyon
Template cache problem
  • 2004/6/4 5:37

• prokyon

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/6/4 5

hi!
I wanted to change the template file "mydownloads_index.html". First I saved it on my computer, made my changes and loaded it up to my ftp server. Than I deleted all file in the "xoopsroot/templates_c" folder and pressed F5 to reload the page in my browser. But my changes where gone! There was the page from my very first upload.
I opened the "mydownloads_index.html" and the cached file and they where different!
Than I found the option "Update module template .html files from themes/your theme/templates directory?" in the "General Settings". I turned it from "Yes" to "NO" and later from "NO" to "Yes" but the problem is still there!

Please help my!

prokyon

Herko
Re: Template cache problem
  • 2004/6/4 6:20

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

Templates are edited using the Template Manager in the system admin: they are stored in the database, and the physical files are not used after installation (only when updating a module). To edit default templates, you have to clone the default template set first, and then edit the clone (don't forget to set the clone as the active template set).

Herko

Mithrandir
Re: Template cache problem

or if you already have modified the module templates (in modules/modulename/templates folder - the setting you tried is to include module-specific templates from a THEME's folder) then update the module through system admin -> modules. Then the templates will be taken from the module files and reinserted in the database.

Login

Who's Online

213 user(s) are online (142 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 213

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits