limecity
Law Speaks
  • 2004/5/24 18:53

• limecity

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/7/6 0

Here i want to talk something about law and content issues.

Is it ok if i copy the exact content from a website which their copyright note stated 2001-2002 ? Will this cause any problem..?

2nd problem, as you know the forum is hard to control with many users. Sometimes they post up copyright stuff from other sites. Or sometimes they hotlink some copyright images. One day the site owner contacted me and threaten to sue if its not removed. Can i push all these problem to the disclaimer? The user had earlier agreed with the disclaimer on registration. I have nothing to do with their post.

just need a little feedback and answers on these.~

luciano
Re: Law Speaks
  • 2004/5/24 19:02

• luciano

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2003/11/3

First question: No!
Second question: Don't know... I would ask my user to remove the picture and send a cc to the complaining webmaster.

Anonymous
  • 2004/5/24 20:40

• Anonymous

• Since:

1) No
2) maybe. there are exceptions to copyright called "fair use." read more here:http://www.utsystem.edu/ogc/intellectualproperty/copypol2.htm

Fair use basically allows you to use copyrighted material only if you're discussing or debating the material.

If it's on a forum that someone posted, i wouldn't bother emailing the webmaster. All forum posts are owned by the poster. It says so on the newbb forums. If you were to email the webmaster, i would just ask him to take it up with the poster.

limecity
  • 2004/5/24 21:43

• limecity

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/7/6 0

For your answers on issue 1..

NO refers to....?

"No i won't get any problem for copying the content"

or

"No, i will get into trouble if i copy those "

Login

Who's Online

167 user(s) are online (98 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 167

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits