brookesy
Error when editing block templates
  • 2004/5/20 3:19

• brookesy

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/5/20

When i try to edit a template for say main menu, it will come up with html but when i try to change something i get an error in execution, the error is as follows(this is after i hit the view button:

Line: 38
Char: 2
Error: 'new_window' is null or not an object
Code:0
Url: myurl

Anyone have any ideas ?

Thanks

Stewdio
Re: Error when editing block templates
  • 2004/5/20 3:35

• Stewdio

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2003/5/7 1

This is a Javascript related error and could be caused by either not having Javascript enabled on your browser, or due to file corruption during upload of your files.

If you are sure it is not your browser, go to your local copy and re-upload /html/includes/xoops.js to the same directory on your server. If that fails, download another copy from XOOPS unzip (unrar, untar), look for the file and repeat. It may have been corupted during the original download or decompression.

These are the immediate problems that come to mind and others may have alternate solutions. My suggestions are just ways of troublshooting to eleminate the possibility and have the ability to look else where with reasonable confidence.

brookesy
  • 2004/5/20 3:36

• brookesy

• Just popping in

Thanks for the quit response, il try it tonite when i get back from uni, and yea javascript has been a prob in some other things too.

Thanks

Stewdio
  • 2004/5/20 3:43

• Stewdio

Your welcome.

Also be sure to check that you are working with a clone of the default template. Once you have cloned a copy, go to System Admin->Preferences->General and set the template to default to the one you just cloned.

You will now be able to save the edits you have made to your template files. This could be part of the reason why you are getting an error if you are still working with an un-cloned template. The default is not editable for emergency reasons and allows you to copy back the original if you make a mistake.

If you already have your template cloned and were getting the error anyway, disregard this message. I just thought I should mention it just in case.

*edit*

I'm willing to bet it's a corrupt .js file with your installation. Let us know if it works or not.

brookesy
  • 2004/5/20 4:03

• brookesy

• Just popping in

Hrmmm the popup comes up now, and displays correctly, but there is no way to save it(i only have the view thing) i bet im missing something relly simple here.(makes me look like a tard too :p)

Stewdio
  • 2004/5/20 4:42

• Stewdio

Clone your default template on the page where your at, or previous. You can save changes to cloned templates only, not the default.

Login

Who's Online

356 user(s) are online (78 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 356

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Jul 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits