Herko
Announcement regarding Catzwolf's rash departure
  • 2004/5/19 12:22

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

This morning when I loaded the xoops.org homepage, I was as stunned as you to read about Catzwolf's sudden and rash departure from his second family: the XOOPS community. Catzwolf has been an inspiring member of this community since the Early Days, and has produced some of the most popular modules in the process. So I was shocked to see him leave, as many of us were.

However, I was definately shocked by the way and manner he left. He left with a very bitter message, one that can never have been a satisfying departure, for any of us. I felt he felt something is greatly amiss, but I also felt he hadn't given us the chance to respond to that properly. So, to set things right, I decided to give him a call.

The conversation we had lasted over 2 hours (I will have a huge phone bill at the end of this month...) and during the talk we discussed his departure.

To make a long story short, we came to the conclusion that we both agree on his critique (which can be summarised as a lack of organisation and visionary leadership when it comes to module development), that his critisism isn't aimed at anyone in particular (those that he has offended or wronged will get an apology, as he never meant for this), and that the way he dealt with his critisism was totally wrong. That being said and agreed upon, we both looked for a solution to our problems.

I asked Catzwolf to retake his old position as Module Development Team Leader, but this time doing it like the 'old' Catzwolf: open, communicating, visionary, as a driving force, and totally dedicated. I have full faith in Catzwolf, that he is the right man for this job. Without pushing anyone aside (Predator can keep up his rightly praised work on the excellent newbb and xoopsforge modules, which set the example that Catzwolf wishes to use to lift the module development to the current standard set by the XOOPS 2.0 core).

I feel this will be to the benefit of the whole community, and the XOOPS module development in particular. Again, this is in no way a critique on anyone personally (except Catz's way of dealing with his grievances, for which he assured me he is sorry), everyone is doing a great job, but Catz will add a missing part to the process that will get XOOPS to a higher level of sophistication.

Herko

tom
Re: Announcement regarding Catzwolf's rash departure
  • 2004/5/19 14:42

• tom

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2002/9/21

Thanks for that Herko, although I feel no explanation was needed, people do things for thier own reasons of which should not concern others.

Any way just to add I've always had full faith in Catz and many others including your self Herko, not to mention the greatest respect.

Peace out man!!!!!

Login

Who's Online

218 user(s) are online (128 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 218

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits