Leonhart
Members module next page link not working on IE 5
  • 2004/5/18 14:08

• Leonhart

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/4/22

I set up a standard XOOPS site, added the standard xoopsmembers module, added some users.. but when the members are more than one page, I can't go to the next page of the member search result.. Not even this site's Members module next page worked

It doesn't work on IE5 only.. tried on Mozilla and it's working..

Can anyone help with a workaround?

Thanks in advance.

Leonhart
Members module next page link not working on IE 5
  • 2004/5/24 5:44

• Leonhart

• Just popping in

*bump*

Anyone? Please... >.<

Frerin
Re: Members module next page link not working on IE 5
  • 2004/6/2 11:41

• Frerin

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/5/9 1

I believe it's not working with Opera 7.5 either. Was running into the same trouble .

Leonhart
  • 2004/6/2 11:56

• Leonhart

• Just popping in

Yes.. well.. I do hope one of the coders give a solution for this problem.. Maybe a little hack or something...
For now I made XOOPS to show all users in one page, but that small solution can become a big trouble if the site's user is more than 500 or so..

Frerin
  • 2004/6/2 19:45

• Frerin

• Just popping in

yeah, agreed. And you know.. when I'm ready with converting my site to Xoops, it's going to have more than 1000 members. Eeeek

I'll give it a try in Firebird tho, at the moment I use FB to test it as a normal user.

Leonhart
  • 2004/6/4 5:50

• Leonhart

• Just popping in

Is there no solution available at all?
For the dev team, I hope for the very least tell me if there is no solution to it
I really do expect an answer.. or is this post is in the wrong category?

m0nty
  • 2004/6/4 8:42

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/10/24

1st time i've heard of this problem..

you could try updating IE to 5.5 or above..

as it works fine then :d

(i'm not tryin to be sarcastic here, as yes it oughta work, but really u should update your browser as much as possible.. especially IE browsers because of microsoft being famous for security flaws, hence y they have so many updates and bug fixes)

Anonymous
  • 2004/6/4 9:11

• Anonymous

• Since:

This is not a question about browser versions the pagenavigation for this module works with javascript, if you don`t activated javascript in your browser, you can´t see the next site, go into your browser settings and actived javascripts

Frerin
  • 2004/6/4 12:47

• Frerin

• Just popping in

Quote:

Predator wrote:
This is not a question about browser versions the pagenavigation for this module works with javascript, if you don`t activated javascript in your browser, you can´t see the next site, go into your browser settings and actived javascripts

mmh. thanks for the hint, my Opera has javascript enabled and it still doesn't work for me. Maybe it's a glitch with Opera tho.

And it does work with Firebird 0.8

Leonhart
  • 2004/6/7 13:55

• Leonhart

• Just popping in

Quote:

m0nty wrote:
1st time i've heard of this problem..

you could try updating IE to 5.5 or above..

as it works fine then :d

(i'm not tryin to be sarcastic here, as yes it oughta work, but really u should update your browser as much as possible.. especially IE browsers because of microsoft being famous for security flaws, hence y they have so many updates and bug fixes)

Well.. I already updated mine... but what about the "compatibility" issue here.. I ought to think a good website (or CMS ) should run well on all browser without exception.. (well.. not text based browsers maybe).
All in all, XOOPS is great.. I like how it's object oriented and such.. but I encountered some funny issues while using xoops.. (managed to find almost all solution to the issues though). I remember I almost skipped trying to use XOOPS because the XOOPS website looks funny with the overlapping center block and right block in IE5..

Well.. back to the original matter.. compatibility, anyone?

Oh and predator.. I have JS enabled on my IE5

Login

Who's Online

127 user(s) are online (70 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 127

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits