dadoprom
NEWS 1.2 module
  • 2004/5/18 13:44

• dadoprom

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/3/2 1

Hi there,
I checked the new NEWS module 1.2 (beta) and there will be some great major changes. I tested it on my localhost and there is a little issue I've noticed. I was seting up the permissions for posting articles, reading articles and all this new things and the problem was, that these settings didn't want to get saved. After saving it I looked on it and it was all unchecked - didn't work. I could not view the articles on the website. Well, I know it is not for relase now. I was wondering when, what date, will you relase this great new NEWS module. I would like to know aproximate relase date, pls.

Tested on XOOPS 2.0.6, linux, apache, mysql

XOOPS team, keep up your great work.

Mithrandir
Re: NEWS 1.2 module

We are hoping to release it.... soon... can't do better than that, both Herve and I are quite busy and still need to brush the last things up before being able to release it.

The problem you experienced, however, can be solved quite easily by following the instructions in This bug report regarding multiple group permission forms

It is a simple underscore, which is missing in a line in modules/system/admin/groupperms.php, which will fix this problem.

Hope you like the new features and to be absolutely sure you have the best working version, you get it from the development CVS

dadoprom
  • 2004/5/18 16:27

• dadoprom

• Not too shy to talk

I fixed that little problem, and everything works just fine.

Question: Is it possible to upgrade News Module and not loose any data, articles, topics, or do I have to reinstall it.

I think that News module is the most powerfull module under xoops. With this new version you have unlimited possibilities... makes me smiiiiiiiiiile

Thanx for your fast previous reply

Mithrandir

We have not removed items in the data structure, but we have added some elements - such as attachments.

You can update with no problems, but it will probably not function well until you update the database layout (which there is no way to do automatically)

I will make an update script to correct the database table layout - a feature, which should really be in the core (and will be, if I have it my way )

Basically you need to run this in your database management tool (add your XOOPS prefix to the table name):
CREATE TABLE stories_files (

fileid int(8unsigned NOT NULL auto_increment,

filerealname varchar(255NOT NULL default '',

storyid int(8unsigned NOT NULL default '0',

date int(10NOT NULL default '0',

mimetype varchar(64NOT NULL default '',

downloadname varchar(255NOT NULL default '',

counter int(8unsigned NOT NULL default '0',

PRIMARY KEY  (fileid),

KEY storyid (storyid)
TYPE=MyISAM;

dadoprom
  • 2004/5/18 19:01

• dadoprom

• Not too shy to talk

Thanx Mithrandir

question: when I set up, for example, maximum 10 articles per page, it does't show me those 10 articles but all the articles on the single page (main page, artiles page).
Em I doing something wrong, or it is just a small mistake somewhere?

what is the solution for this, pls help

thanx in advace

Mithrandir

do note that there is both "Select the number of news items to display on top page"
and "Number of new articles to display in admin area:"

Can you give an url to your site so I can see it for myself?

dadoprom
  • 2004/5/18 19:32

• dadoprom

• Not too shy to talk

I am testing it on a localhost. I will try to figure it out and I let you know.

Thanx so far

dadoprom
  • 2004/5/18 19:59

• dadoprom

• Not too shy to talk

hello
"Select the number of news items to display on top page" - this option doesn't work.

Would help if I download through CVS the newes version?

Herko
  • 2004/5/18 20:02

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

Report any bugs on the XOOPS Development FOrge website

Herko

Mithrandir

I don't recall having problems with this as it is a feature from the original module, but at the same time, I can see that I have no problems with this feature onhttp://modules.linux-gamers.net - this is the CVS version, though, and I have fixed some bugs in that, waiting for the last tweaks before a release candidate.

Login

Who's Online

226 user(s) are online (152 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 226

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits