jfernau
Making use of the "left" block area
  • 2004/5/17 17:14

• jfernau

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/12/29

This may be a stupid question, but since I don't know the answer, I need to ask.

I'm setting up a site using the MIB2 theme (excellent theme by the way). I'm using TinyD for content. On the top page, I only want a single block that goes across the entire width of the site (menu is horizontal across the top of the page). Even when I turn off all blocks in the left column, the tinycontent block will not use that space. It will use the space that would be used by the right block if one existed, but not the left. I suspect I could hack the theme.html file to remove the left block (or would I have to modify the template?), but then I would not have the option of using it on other pages.

Is it possible to use the space reserved for the left block, or do I need to redesign my site so that I use that space for something else? It looks stupid just sitting there empty.

Thanks.

John

Herko
Re: Making use of the "left" block area
  • 2004/5/17 18:12

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

I don't know the theme code, but there is probably a reference to a table column width that is set for the left column somewhere. Make sure that the width is defined in the left blocks code, and not in the overall table column. That might just do the trick, as it will not read any width value for that column if no left blocks are shown that way.

Herko

Mithrandir

A general thing in themes is that the left column is always there, whereas the rightblock is only there, if there are right blocks.

Enclosing the left block area with a

<{if $xoops_lblocks}>

<{/if}>

should do it for you.

jfernau
  • 2004/5/17 19:01

• jfernau

• Just popping in

I'll take a look at it this evening.

Thanks!!

John

jfernau
  • 2004/5/18 3:14

• jfernau

• Just popping in

Worked perfectly!!!

Thank you!

John

Login

Who's Online

199 user(s) are online (123 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 199

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits