limecity
Hosting module for xoops?
  • 2004/5/17 2:46

• limecity

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/7/6 0

I was wondering if there is anyway i can use XOOPS as a webhosting website? Theme certainly has no problem. Just that its lack of these ability to do these:

Like search for a domain and allow the users to buy the domain. Send back confirmation and other nececcsary emails, invoice and stuff.

While on the admin site. You have the list of domains which is being order and click for detail information about it.

Currently i am using a dumb way of doing this. I am using a 3rd party script to search for domains. WHen its available." Click here to order" then it redirects the user to the XOOPS Contact plus form where i already created to suit the deal.

Name:
Company:
Address:
Email:
Domain you wish to order:

It all doesn't looks proffesional.

I made a research and there is a script called phpcoin?
maybe can port tat into xoops?

jfernau
Re: Hosting module for xoops?
  • 2004/5/17 3:39

• jfernau

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/12/29

I am working on the same thing. How are you taking orders for hosting? Are you using a script, or just taking the contact info? Also, who are you using for domain registrations? They might have a script that you can integrate with your site. I am planning on using whois.cart for both hosting and domain registration. While I don't think I can make whois.cart an actual XOOPS module, I do hope to wrap it so that it feels integrated from a user perspective.

John

limecity
Re: Hosting module for xoops?
  • 2004/5/17 4:25

• limecity

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/7/6 0

whois cart doesn't seems to be a free script where you can use. So don't think thats possible either.

As for me, taking the orders would be harder for the clients cuz paypal does not exist in my country. Currently i am just working as a reseller on domains.

i am using this script as a domain lookup:
http://www.mattsscripts.co.uk/mwhois.htm

Login

Who's Online

347 user(s) are online (87 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 347

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Jul 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits