talunceford
Personal Links Module Updated!!!

You can now view the module in action by going tohttps://tok2500.tswn.com, login with demo/demo. Let me know what you think. I need some feedback on what it needs.

ladon
Re: Personal Links Module Updated!!!
  • 2004/5/14 15:25

• ladon

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2003/10/31

Wow, this is a huge leap forward for this module! Glad I dind't start making my little hack yet!

Some small things I saw:
- After I added a link to my favorites, the button "add to favorites" doesn't disapear. Mayby it could change to: "Remove from favorites"?
- That brings me to the next point: Am I able to remove the link from favorite at all? Didn't see an option to do so.

Nothing more atm. It's simply a wonderfull module!

talunceford

yes, just click the button, view favorites and you have the option to remove it. Now when you add a link manually, you are basically just adding links to a list of "available" links that you can use or add to your favorites list. The favorites block basically displays only the links that you tell it to, even if you have more links in your usable links library. The links library being the list of links that you first see when you click [EDIT LINKS] in the favorites block. If you don't have any in the library there won't be any there. Basically this list stores hand entered links only. Let me know what you think. Any other features needed in this one? Thanks for the info.

ladon
  • 2004/5/14 15:46

• ladon

• Quite a regular

Ah I see, didn't look good enough

For any features to add: Being able to add notes to your link. When the module was first posted someone metioned notes as a seperate part within this module. I think it would be best if it is part of the links.

As for other features. Something I was planning on making when this module was released: a block with a button to add any page within XOOPS to the list of links. This could be very usefull. The notes and being able to add any page within the website to the list combined would create a powerfull tool for a community website! It creates a personal info center, so to speak.

talunceford

I doubt that any of your ideas would be tough to add at all. As far as the add any page to the block, thats as easy as modifying a few files and replacing some templates with the modified ones. Easy hack there man, I will start working on those this weekend.

ladon
  • 2004/5/14 16:48

• ladon

• Quite a regular

Yup, I didn't say they where hard to make. Just very usefull (imho). I'm looking forward to these changes.

talunceford

I think that I figured out a way to get it to add a link from any page to the favorites menu, what variable do I need to use to pick up the address of the current page? $REQUEST_URI?

carnuke
  • 2004/7/8 17:44

• carnuke

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/11/5

showlinks.php has the form button 'visit our links section' This shows a'module does not exist page. URL adds www.

heres the code in showlinks.php

<input class="button" name="visit" type="submit" id="visit3" onClick="MM_goToURL('parent','<?php echo "$xoops_url/modules/mylinks"; ?>');return document.MM_returnValue" value="Visit Our Links Section">

How do I get this to remove the www. ??

Login

Who's Online

214 user(s) are online (135 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 214

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits