Sheeoni
Stumped on missing Login Block
  • 2004/5/7 12:48

• Sheeoni

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/5/3 1

Sorry to post such a silly question. I have been searching for answers through the forums and it seems most people that have had this problem are doing a lot of customization and have changed the HTML on their site which was the cause of their problems (which I haven't done).
I have no idea what I did, although it must have been terrible because I cannot figure out what happened to all my blocks. When I go to my site, all I see are two news articles... the login box is gone, the links on the left are gone.. I have been trying to see if it is a config problem with my blocks but I don't think it is.. the only thing I was trying to do yesterday was make it so that the news shows on the main page without that drop down menu to select the heading of news.
I really am stumped... any suggestions? =(

Oh... I just went into System > Blocks ... if I'm not mistaken, there were blocks there yesterday? where you could select if it was left, centered or right...? but there is nothing there now. Am I going crazy or is this where they should be and where the heck could they have gone??

***Edit***

From this post

https://xoops.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=16708&forum=7#forumpost70306

I found I have the same error. I will update if I can access my cpanel from my webhost at some point today.. although that hasn't been working either and tech support says it is fine. It's not my day.

dirtboy
Re: Stumped on missing Login Block
  • 2004/5/7 17:18

• dirtboy

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/4/24

your problem could be in the "groups" section make sure your webmaster and registered users and Anonymous Users

Have the checkboxes checked so they can view the blocks

you will have to modify each user group to allow them to see whatever blocks you want. Then when you goto blocks you will see only the blocks you have allowed people to see.

In other words if you dont't allow them access in the "groups" then "you" wont see it in the admin blocks section.

I'm kinda stupid so let me know if this works or if you need more detail cause I suk at explaining.

Sheeoni
  • 2004/5/7 19:09

• Sheeoni

• Just popping in

It's funny because I haven't changed anything.. and now my page won't even load. I can't access my cpanel and I have contacted my host and they said nothing is wrong because they can access it. I can't log in as admin because none of my pages in XOOPS will load due to this new error:

Error [Xoops]: Unable to connect to database in file class/database/databasefactory.php line 34

Which leads me to my next question.. how can I run the debug if I can't even log in to my admin panel? I'm sooo confused.. **cries**

carnuke
  • 2004/5/7 19:33

• carnuke

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/11/5

Sheeoni

firstly, don't be too distressed, these things usually come right in the end

try using this url http://yoursite.com/modules/system/admin.php?fct=groups&op=modify&g_id=1

Hopefully it will bring up the login block because you are accessing the admin part of your site. If so login and make sure you tick all checkboxes as below for this page (the page is groups webmasters)

System rights
Module asmin rights
Module access rights

make ceratin block access rights are ticked for your login block

Post back if you have problems and good luck

Richard

Sheeoni
  • 2004/5/8 15:34

• Sheeoni

• Just popping in

Thank you for the replies guys..
I did check everything like you had suggested but it turns out I had a different problem.

It was my host.

I -knew- something had to be wrong when I hadn't changed anything and things got progressively worse over the day. I am just thankful that today, my site is completely back to normal. I'm glad to know that if I have a serious problem that you guys are full of good suggestions for me, and I thank you for it!!

carnuke
  • 2004/5/8 16:48

• carnuke

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/11/5

Hey Sheeoni ... Glad it worked out ok. Any other issues, just post here.

Good luck with your site development

Richard

Login

Who's Online

416 user(s) are online (52 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 416

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits