tayling
Travel in Australia - Link
  • 2004/5/5 2:03

• tayling

• Just popping in

• Since: 2002/1/3 7

How embarassing - sorry but here is the link for KAROTRAVEL
http://www.karotravel.com

Of course if any XOOPS user really wants a holiday down under- I can probably negotiate a good deal - what I really need to do is tto make sure the site has good coverage in search engines for Germany and Holland if any one has any good ideas.

Regards

Tony

brash
Re: Travel in Australia - Link
  • 2004/5/5 3:21

• brash

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/4/10

If you are going to use that logo, you might want to look at layout in the sense of having a fixed width theme. Viewing the site on my PC at 1600x1200 looks pretty messy.

brash
  • 2004/5/5 3:29

• brash

• Friend of XOOPS

Also, site size and http requests are way too big. To load the site from scratch is nearly 1MB, 850K of that being in the digi.mp3. On my 2MB connection at work it took over 22 seconds to load. I strongly advise you to take some measures into optimizing your site for performance as on a 56k modem you site would take around nearly 3 minutes to completely load. I realise that the MP3 will load in the background, but it is still going to consume bandwidth making site navigation slower.

tayling
  • 2004/5/5 4:50

• tayling

• Just popping in

Thanks for that feedback - am glad i have it in writing from outside - both logo and mp3 are strictly user request - They are computer illiterate people and 'nice and noisy' is just great! And who's paying?

I must admit I havn't viewed on 1600 res but can imagine the problems but the logo is 'just how they like it' Thanks for letting me know and I will take some steps to get the logo right tho I am more of a database backend tech then a graphic guy.

As for the mp3 - well a developer can only take so much of a digeredoo!!

tayling
  • 2004/5/5 4:50

• tayling

• Just popping in

Thanks for that feedback - am glad i have it in writing from outside - both logo and mp3 are strictly user request - They are computer illiterate people and 'nice and noisy' is just great! And who's paying?

I must admit I havn't viewed on 1600 res but can imagine the problems but the logo is 'just how they like it' Thanks for letting me know and I will take some steps to get the logo right tho I am more of a database backend tech then a graphic guy.

As for the mp3 - well a developer can only take so much of a digeredoo!!

brash
  • 2004/5/5 5:18

• brash

• Friend of XOOPS

I've always said the only thing I don't like about work is having to deal with customers . The logo image would be ok in a fixed width site, but with that logo they'll alienate low res users as they'll have to scroll horizonatally to see the whole screen, and you already know what happens for high res users . You could suggest doing some anti aliasing & web optimisation on the title in the logo image to make it look a little smoother and get the size down a bit.

I depends what they want really. If they are just wanting it there to say "we have a website", then let them go nuts and do what they want. However, if they are wanting the site to actually attract business, then it really isn't up to their likes or dislikes. It's about end user experience, and as it is at the moment most users will not hang around long enough to see the site load as the rule of thumb is most users will wait 8 seconds before moving on. 8 seconds with a 56k modem in mind means total site size needs to be around 50k or so. Also might be an idea to show them what their site looks like in different resolutions. 800 x 600 is still about the 3rd most popular resolution on the web, and with that logo the site is definately not a 800x600 friendly site..

Login

Who's Online

245 user(s) are online (178 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 245

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits