mithril
2.06 installation problem ! please help !!
  • 2004/5/3 10:10

• mithril

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/5/3 1

hi,

I've just installed XOOPS v2.06 with french language. I use EasyPHP 1.7, it's working fine...
bur just after installation (without problem), after rename the 'install' dir and after 'read-only' mainfile.php file, I clicked on the "here" link to access my homepage, but I don't have the 'login/password' prompt !!! :(
Only the xoops'banner, the "powered by xoops..." text....and that's all !!! NOTHING ELSE !!!
Can you help me, please ???

rabideau
Re: 2.06 installation problem ! please help !!
  • 2004/5/3 12:48

• rabideau

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/4/25

If you can get your site back to where it was before you changed the install dir and maifile.php I suggest you do the following.

Go to Admin and set Debug php to "on". Then make your changes again and follow the error thread. Post those you don't understand here and some will help you out.

mithril
  • 2004/5/3 13:07

• mithril

• Just popping in

"Go to Admin and set Debug php to "on"."

I can't go to the Admin, because precisely just after install, when clicking on the "here" link to access my start page, I have no "Admin" button, no login, NOTHING!!!
Only the XOOPS banner and a white page under it !

I've seen snapshots of xoops'install : my start page should display a login/password prompt, then I would enter my admin login to create blocs, articles... isn't it ?? so, I repeat (again...), this first login/password isn't displayed, I can't do anything !
However, the Xoops'banner is displayed, so the the script is running, but stops somewhere...and I can't display any error : I configured the server's php.ini file and the xoop's include/common.php file with E_ALL reporting...it failed, I've no error message

@MITHRIL

rabideau
  • 2004/5/3 13:25

• rabideau

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/4/25

Hi mithril,
Try typing in :http://yoursitename.com/admin.php to see if the admin area opens for you. If that doesn't work ... there have been many discussions on possible solutions to the initial login problem-class difficulty on this site (have you read all the recent posting on the topic?). Perhaps these might provide help.

If that still fails to produce an answer, I recommend you try an reinstall.

And if that still fails... you may wish to use something like XAMPP to build your local environment for php & MySQL (it works for me). Do a reinstall and see how things work out.

mithril
  • 2004/5/3 14:04

• mithril

• Just popping in

hi,

I've just tryhttp://127.0.0.1/mysitename.com/admin.php (I'm working on local)
I obtain an answer "You don't have permission to access this area. If this page don't reload...."
My problem seams to be an access'permission. Well. So, how register login/pass if the registration area isn't displayed !?
thanks for your help, you'll find the solution...I hope ;)
@MITHRIL

mithril
  • 2004/5/3 14:13

• mithril

• Just popping in

hi (again)

after testing several files in the /include directory, I obtained this messages :
- Notice: Use of undefined constant XOOPS_ROOT_PATH in...
- Warning: main(XOOPS_ROOT_PATH/class/xoopsformloader.php): failed to open stream
- Fatal error: Cannot instantiate non-existent class: xoopsthemeform

yeah !!! error warnings, at last !! so, can you understand them ?? hum ?? I'm sûre you can :)
@MITHRIL

PS : I can explore my /include directory withhttp://127.0.0.1/xoops/include/
so, my navigator displays all the files list. Is it normal ??

phppp
  • 2004/5/3 14:24

• phppp

• XOOPS Contributor

• Since: 2004/1/25

Quote:

mithril wrote:
after testing several files in the /include directory,

Do you mean you tested the files singly?
That wont work.

Have you set the properties for folders and files correctly?

mithril
  • 2004/5/3 14:34

• mithril

• Just popping in

hello phppp,

yes, I tested the files singly. Sûre, usual "xoops" won't work, I know, but the php code should be execute, no ?
With the xoops/index.php, I can't obtain any error warning, but testing each file singly, I obtained some error !!! It's better, no ;)
now, may be theses errors will explain my problem...

phppp
  • 2004/5/3 14:40

• phppp

• XOOPS Contributor

• Since: 2004/1/25

No, the php code should NOT be execute correctly unless the mainfile.php included

If properties of folders/files can not be set appropriately, the XOOPS won't work and might not give warning or error message.

mithril
  • 2004/5/3 14:55

• mithril

• Just popping in

"If properties of folders/files can not be set appropriately"

hum....

that's precisely I try to do ! So error warnings can help to understand the problem, don't you think ? I know that XOOPS won't work, but it display errors that are not displayed by the index.php

My philosophy is :
- No warning ? It should be work
- It don't work ? Warnings should be displayed

but here, it's "no works, no warning"

Login

Who's Online

196 user(s) are online (114 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 196

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits