seongbae
Where do I change domain name ?
  • 2004/4/29 4:24

• seongbae

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/3/16

Upon going to www.mydomain.com, it redirects to www.mydomain.com/xoops/modules/news/. I just set up subdomain: xoops.mydomain.com. When I go there, it still redirects to www.mydomain.com/xoops/modules/news/.

I want to use xoops.mydomain.com/modules/news/. How and where can I change this? I looked at the xoops_config table but could not find where to set the domain.
Thank you.

Seong

Stewdio
Re: Where do I change domain name ?
  • 2004/4/29 4:58

• Stewdio

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2003/5/7 1

You need to edit you mainfile.php to point to the right directory. I'm assuming that you added your subdomain to your host account already and that your aware that it will need to propogate through DNS before it's available.

A trick I use is yourdomain.com/xoops and then set up the subdomain and wait. Once the propogation is complete (about 48-72 hours later) I add a redirect to my /xoops dir that points to my subdomain. For example, I am working on a new subdomain on my site for gamers (very incomplete right now). I installed it in mydomain.com/gamer and created the subdomainhttp://gamer.stewdio.net . Once the sub made it's way through the net, I set up the redirect so that whenever someone goes to stewdio.net/gamer, it forwards to gamer.stewdio.net. I then edited my mainfile.php to reflect subdomain.domain.com so that when a user clicks on home, they go to the right address.

Hope that helps some.

Login

Who's Online

262 user(s) are online (185 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 262

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits