Dankness
Unable to stay logged in..
  • 2004/4/27 16:13

• Dankness

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/4/27

I have version 2.0.5 installed. I didn't manually installed, it was installed as a pre-installed script on my server.
Ever since I installed Xoops2 it has logged me out unexpectedly. Seems like everytime I try to do something in the admincp, it logs me out. Even logged me out a few times when i try to view other sections. Its very hard to get anything done when XOOPS logs you out all the time.
Its driving me insane, someone please help.

JackJ
Re: Unable to stay logged in..
  • 2004/4/27 16:21

• JackJ

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2003/8/31

Check your cache folder is writable.

Do you have a firewall? If so you will need to add XOOPS to the trusted sites list.

See these posts:

https://xoops.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=19111&forum=1#forumpost82394

https://xoops.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=19232&forum=1#forumpost82136

Dankness
  • 2004/4/27 19:53

• Dankness

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/4/27

I triple checked the cache directory to make sure it was writable and it was. The files in it were writable.
I added my site to the trusted sites list in my firewall and it still logged me out frequently. I even shutdown my firewall and the same thing.
I'll stay logged in for awhile, but when I'm working with anything like editing user info, configuring admincp, or just trying to view the downloads page it logs me out so i can't edit anything.
Its quite a pain.

JackJ
  • 2004/4/27 21:23

• JackJ

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2003/8/31

I don't know what to suggest, unless anyone else has some ideas. Just shots in the dark.

You could try deleting your cookies, and checking your browser security levels by reducing the levels if they are high. Also check cookies and javascript is enabled.

Some servers need CHMOD 777 for the cache and template_c folders etc, but you may have that already.

Otherwise if it is an early install, all I can suggest is downloading 2.06 and doing a FTP install. Some people have had similar problems using install scripts, and everthing was ok after doing an FTP install.

DonXoop

Another shot in the dark..

What are your settings in System/Preferences/General/Session Expiration? Is a cookie actually being saved?

I have seen this on occasion and I think is related to IP Maquerading of some firewalls/routers and Redirects. Only happens with certain functions as you've described.

I don't like to suggest it but one fix is the "Remember Me" login hack/activation. You have to protect your local disk/userspace if you want to be safe.

The safer fix is when logged in as an Admin you use a VPN which then eliminates the IP translation of the firewall.

Login

Who's Online

174 user(s) are online (115 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 174

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits