m_kitty
Problem with admin display, concerning words
  • 2004/4/27 1:09

• m_kitty

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/4/27

I got everything up, and went to check it out because it seemed the thing to do.

The problem:

Certain things, such as the links area, prefrences, etc in the link menu show (what seems to be) the database name/tablename/etc instead of a description. The links on the left menu work fine, but the screens do not.

For example, when I go to edit my main prefs for the whole site, I get:

+edit
+edit
+edit
+edit

There's no descriptions for the links. In many of the tables, the lables of the fields are completly missing. Instead of it saying "prefrences" or something at the top of the screen, it says "_MD_AM_SITEPREF".

Would this be an error with a file, or permissions, or prehaps an incompatibility with mySQL or something concerning my server?

MySQL 4.0
PhP vs. 4.3
apache 1.3

I've read that there can be problems with interacting with SQL 4 but I couldn't find what they are. Any info would be helpful, as I can't really do much until it's fixed.

Thankee,

~Megan

Alan2008
Re: Problem with admin display, concerning words
  • 2004/4/27 8:44

• Alan2008

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/4/26

Hi,

were there any errors during the installation procedure? If not it perhaps sounds like an error with the MySQL server. Is it possible to run the installation script again or is this a working XOOPS now?

The interaction of XOOPS with MySQL 4 shouldn't cause the problem... not that I've seen any anyway ;)

m_kitty
  • 2004/4/27 16:50

• m_kitty

• Just popping in

I had no problem with instillation. It actualy went alot smoother than I had expected. Everything was greenlighted. And yes, it's all installed.

If anyone who would like to help me figure out the problem, e-mail me and I'll let you into my XOOPS script.

JackJ
  • 2004/4/27 18:02

• JackJ

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2003/8/31

Looks like some language define files are missing

particularily in modules/system/language/english

m_kitty
  • 2004/4/29 16:02

• m_kitty

• Just popping in

Yay! Prefect! I re-uploaded the system lanuage files into the right directory (language/admin was completly missing as well) and it all seems to work now. If I knew you I"d hug you.

Thankee Sai,

~Megan

JackJ
  • 2004/4/29 19:40

• JackJ

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2003/8/31

Awwwww...

Login

Who's Online

253 user(s) are online (167 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 253

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits