kiwiguy
Totally screwed
  • 2004/4/23 15:30

• kiwiguy

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/4/19

I have totally screwed my site i tried putting a new theme/template in there and set it as a defult before seeing if it worked well it didn't so I went in to my ftp-client and deleted everything I put in there now I have only a white screen now have a bo peep at it My Site how do i get the database back up an running and get my old setting s on there PLEASE HELP

kiwiguy

hIBEES
Re: Totally screwed
  • 2004/4/23 15:40

• hIBEES

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/4/20

best way round it is to forget about it and delete the whole file,then upload them again,unless you had a lot of stuff on there which i suspect you have not as you have stated its new,

always try and keep all the templates etc on and dont overwrite till you 110% sure

tl
  • 2004/4/23 15:41

• tl

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2002/6/23

Never tried before but it worths a shot.

Try to ftp the theme files from XOOPS default theme to the theme directory you created/selected (make sure there are no files in the directory before you ftp).

Other than that, you need to manually set your theme back to defult in the config table.

kiwiguy
  • 2004/4/23 15:44

• kiwiguy

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/4/19

I deleted what i put on there is what you mean delete the WHOLE SITE and start from scratch or just the templates folder and themes folder and re upload the original ones???

And if i have to how do i reset the modules and blocks in there as I had a freind (booga) originally set it up for me I am a total novice and a kiwi that should explain a lot that I have no IDEA.

cheers
kiwiguy

Ps I can not get into my admin section its totally blank remember.

tl
  • 2004/4/23 15:51

• tl

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2002/6/23

Just your theme directory files.

The new theme you selected broke the site. So you replace these files with the default theme files to pretend to be the new theme files. Hopefully this will get you back the admin and you could change back to the original state.

Login

Who's Online

192 user(s) are online (107 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 192

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits