j_dog90
Help!
  • 2004/4/19 21:25

• j_dog90

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/4/18

i'm very interested in learning how to do this, but i got lost when reading bout permissions, and i couldn't find out where to d/l apache.... Can someone go over this with me on MSN messenger- battlewolf90@yahoo.com
Yahoo messenger- battlewolf90

i use msn everyday so i prefer that but i can get on yahoo

Herko
Re: Help!
  • 2004/4/19 21:28

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

The best way to learn XOOPS is to get the XOOPS Standalone Seerver (XSAS). It's a windows application that when run is a full featured php/mysql database/apache webserver, complete with the latest XOOPS version pre-installed and active. With thanks to W4z004 for this great piece of engineering. Do a search for XSAS and you'll get a downloadable file

Herko

ladon
  • 2004/4/19 21:36

• ladon

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2003/10/31

Installing XOOPS is the least difficult part. Installing you're own webserver might be a hell of job indeed for people who don't have any experience in that field.

Next to XSAS another thing which you might consider usefull is XAMMP. It can be found here: http://www.apachefriends.org

I use it for developing @ localhost but it's a complete package for both windows and linux. Install is just a click and everything is configured. (the not lite package also contains mod_perl, ftpserver, mailserver, etc.) New versions with up to date componments show up regularly.

I hope that might be usefull to you or whoever.

script_fu

What are you haveing problems with? Let us no where you are with your install. I will be glad to help...

Login

Who's Online

908 user(s) are online (79 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 908

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Jul 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits