domineaux
We need a WIKI for 3rd party mods,hacks,themes,etc
  • 2004/4/19 13:23

• domineaux

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2002/9/29

> XOOPS Team <

We need a WIKI for users and developers that allows users to cover all the different modules, themes and hacks. A type of FAQ, but created by the community.

Many discussions on these boards is information that is redundant. The boards are great, but frequently responses and answers from posters come too late and incomplete.

We need a WIKI that will let everyone participate in detailed instructions, information and issues about all the different add-ons.

That's what WIKI are designed to do, is my understanding.

What about it?

======================

Mithrandir
Re: We need a WIKI for 3rd party mods,hacks,themes,etc

Good suggestion, but perhaps not for xoops.org, more for dev.xoops.org

also, some module developers prefer to have people give feedback/report bugs on their own websites.

domineaux
Re: We need a WIKI for 3rd party mods,hacks,themes,etc
  • 2004/4/19 16:04

• domineaux

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2002/9/29

I wasn't thinking of the WIKI as a tool for the developers.

I was thinking of the "add-ons WIKI" as an ongoing document built by users for users of the add-ons. The importance of having a WIKI is a consolidation of all the information about an add-on in one location, along with organized discussions and commentary.

A forum doesn't meet the same requirements, since forums are very loosely constructed. Title lines are obscure in many cases, and researching takes so much time with the search tools available.

Naturally, contributions from developers would be welcome.

I visualize documents created over time with viable content. Examples of mod uses, install hints, tweaks and tricks, little hacks,etc. In other words, an ongoing document constantly updated by users.

In fact, it might be good practice for XOOPS Team to make sure there is a "ADD-ON WIKI" category created when the add-on is included for download from this site. I don't think the ADD-ON WIKI should require categories for add-ons not available from this site.

----------------------

Login

Who's Online

457 user(s) are online (35 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 457

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits