go4inet
How to Install Template ?
  • 2004/4/17 2:56

• go4inet

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/4/17

Hi !

I have a template downloaded and i have unzipped and uploaded under template dir. But how do i set the default skin as the one which i have uploaded. This is pretty much confusing in xoops. Need a good way of adding a template !

In template manager setting I get :

Choose a template set package to upload
Must be a tar.gz/.tar file with a valid XOOPS template set structure

But what I have is a zip file and how can I upload that ?

Regards,
Vinay

m0nty
Re: How to Install Template ?
  • 2004/4/17 3:07

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/10/24

simply unzip the contents of the zip file onto your hard drive and then using ftp upload them to your server in the themes folder..

once uploaded, goto XOOPS admin/preferences/general settings

look down the list for theme selection etc

also if u want to use the new template set, scroll further down till u see the setting for default template set and change this to your new 1 (if installed in the right folder your new theme and template will appear in the selection box)

go4inet
  • 2004/4/17 3:29

• go4inet

• Just popping in

Thanks for the quick reply ! I just did as you said. I uploaded the files exactly to the template directoy. I can see the option of templates such as : default , quick_blue,q2k. On the selection panel next to it I can see only Default one. I cannot see the remainig ! What can I do ? and is there anyway where I can remove the top right hand side |HOME|XOOPS SUPPORT | XOOPS FAQ| , coz I dont want them to display them on my main page !

Thanks again for the help ! :)

go4inet
  • 2004/4/17 3:42

• go4inet

• Just popping in

yo man ! its working for me finally ! well the things worked as you said. And now I need one more help. I have already vBulletin forum installed on my server. i dont want the forum thats with xoops, is there anyway where I can edit the setting so that when users click on forum, i goes to my vBulletin Forum ?

And can i use the skins of XOOPS 2.5 for XOOPS 2.6 ? Anyway thanks a hell for ur help ! :)`

k4christ
  • 2004/4/25 0:27

• k4christ

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/4/23

I am in the same predicament. How in the world do I install a theme or template? I am so confused.

Login

Who's Online

145 user(s) are online (78 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 145

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits