kaliman
Urgent help: offline register
  • 2004/4/14 15:47

• kaliman

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2003/12/17

I'm having an "offline event" and I would like to offer people the chance of registering there.

Is ther a way to upload the registers afterwards?

Thank you very much in advance!

marcan
Re: Urgent help: offline register
  • 2004/4/14 16:04

• marcan

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/10/8

Hi Kaliman !

I'm not sure I understand you correctly. You have an event and you would like to offer people to give you the information orally or by writting so they can register to your site. Is this correct? If not, please disregard my answer...

If this is it, you can ask those people to give you a username and a password, along with an email adress, that you can later entered in Admin>System Admin>Edit Users>Add User.

You can maybe use the Mail Users function to mail all those user that their accounr have been created.

Hope this helps
Cheers !

kaliman
  • 2004/4/14 16:11

• kaliman

• Not too shy to talk

Thank you very much.
That would help of course, but I will have a pc on the event, and I would like them to use this computer to register (I would run XOOPS locally) and then upload this data to the original site.

But yours is a very good alternative (sometimes in the rush one just dont keep it simple lol)

ajaxbr
  • 2004/4/14 16:19

• ajaxbr

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2003/10/25

Hi there
I'm not sure I understand what you want either, but these links might have something for you:
http://freshmeat.net/projects/phpmyconferences/
http://freshmeat.net/projects/paperdb/
http://freshmeat.net/projects/meetingroombookingsystem/

marcan
  • 2004/4/14 16:23

• marcan

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/10/8

If you have a laptop, then, as you said, they can register locally and then you only have to export the newly created rows of the users table, and then import it in your real db.

Of course, if you site is still online in the mean time and new users register there, you might want to have a look at the uid field, as it might not be unique for the people who registered at your event. You'll only have to increment those uid by the number of people how registered to your online site.

Cheers !

kaliman
  • 2004/4/14 16:25

• kaliman

• Not too shy to talk

Thank you very much
(both)
This will do.

ajaxbr
  • 2004/4/14 16:26

• ajaxbr

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2003/10/25

Oh, now I understand it
Well, having a XOOPS running offline and then adding those users to your online site would be easy, IMHO. You'd have to create a dump of your offline users table and then add it to your working DB (obviously you'd have to take good care of your SQL, uids must be unique, etc.). Then you'd never know those passwords

Login

Who's Online

153 user(s) are online (91 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 153

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits