TheBo3b
Theme Needed - will deal!
  • 2004/4/13 14:34

• TheBo3b

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/4/9 1

Greetings everyone!

I need a theme done for a food and entertainment XOOPS site in the Chicago area. How's THAT for specific???

I'm willing to pay a reasonable amount, or possibly do a trade for web hosting services or anything else I can think of.

I need this relatively quickly...not tomorrow or anything, but sometime in the next 2 weeks.

Thanks in advance!

Bo3b

rabideau
Re: Theme Needed - will deal!
  • 2004/4/13 16:25

• rabideau

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/4/25

Have you tried out some of the theme providers that regularly post on this site like 7dana (http://www.7dana.com) or imago (http://www.imagocn.net) ?

There are also a number of free themes available on this, and other XOOPS sites.

Mithrandir

bleh - doublepost

Mithrandir

Depending on your requirements, how much you have considered the layout already - and what a reasonable amount is for you - I may be able to do something.

When it comes to themes, I mainly do straight, non-flash conversions of TemplateMonster Templates, so if you see something you like at a TM reseller (e.g. www.webdesignhut.com) you could enquire if it is suitable for a conversion (not all are) - a conversion would cost a fixed price of $150 after you have bought the TM template. Whether that is reasonable, I'll leave you to decide

(But do see if you can find something you like for free - there's no need to pay for what is free)

TheBo3b
  • 2004/4/19 18:17

• TheBo3b

• Just popping in

Mithrandir,

I appreciate your offer to help. I haven't really found a TM template I liked much, and the response I've gotten from asking a few people directly has been, shall we say, underwhelming.

I'm not giving up the ghost quite yet...we'll see what else I can do...anyone else out there able to help???

Bob

dukehen
  • 2004/4/26 12:26

• dukehen

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/12/9

What modules are you hoping to use? ie. Forums?

Just wondering, because I have noticed quite a few templates on TM.com, but then again it depends on your own personal taste...

http://www.templatemonster.com/category.php?action=search&author=any+author&cat=any+category&search_words=food&from_=any&to=any

TheBo3b
  • 2004/4/27 13:45

• TheBo3b

• Just popping in

dukehen:

Yeah, it's not so much that there AREN'T any themes, it's just that none of them are quite what I want.

Picky picky picky...! ;^)

What I would really like to do is find a really good theme person to kind of work with me long term. Get the colors right first, and a logo, then make things a little more customzied as things go forward. Nobody wants to pay out a ton of money up front, but I'm willing to pay a lot more over the long term for help.

I'm not like some of the other newbs here (not naming any names), in that I DO understand all the basic concepts and how the systems work, I'm just not a graphics guy. Not good at it, not something I really enjoy doing, but it's important to a great, long-lasting site. I'd rather spend my time on the content and other issues.

So, I'm still looking for that person.

TheBo3b
  • 2004/4/27 13:46

• TheBo3b

• Just popping in

dukehen:

Crud! I didn't even answer your question, did I. *lol*

I'm planning to use forums, reviews, and a directory primarily. It's a restaurant, bar, club et al type site for the Chicago suburbs....believe it or not, there isn't one yet!

Bob

Login

Who's Online

155 user(s) are online (104 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 155

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits