1
TheBo3b
Theme Needed - will deal!
  • 2004/4/13 14:34

  • TheBo3b

  • Just popping in

  • Posts: 9

  • Since: 2004/4/9 1


Greetings everyone!

I need a theme done for a food and entertainment XOOPS site in the Chicago area. How's THAT for specific???

I'm willing to pay a reasonable amount, or possibly do a trade for web hosting services or anything else I can think of.

I need this relatively quickly...not tomorrow or anything, but sometime in the next 2 weeks.

Thanks in advance!

Bo3b

2
rabideau
Re: Theme Needed - will deal!
  • 2004/4/13 16:25

  • rabideau

  • Home away from home

  • Posts: 1042

  • Since: 2003/4/25


Have you tried out some of the theme providers that regularly post on this site like 7dana (http://www.7dana.com) or imago (http://www.imagocn.net) ?

There are also a number of free themes available on this, and other XOOPS sites.

3
Mithrandir
Re: Theme Needed - will deal!

bleh - doublepost

4
Mithrandir
Re: Theme Needed - will deal!

Depending on your requirements, how much you have considered the layout already - and what a reasonable amount is for you - I may be able to do something.

When it comes to themes, I mainly do straight, non-flash conversions of TemplateMonster Templates, so if you see something you like at a TM reseller (e.g. http://www.webdesignhut.com) you could enquire if it is suitable for a conversion (not all are) - a conversion would cost a fixed price of $150 after you have bought the TM template. Whether that is reasonable, I'll leave you to decide

(But do see if you can find something you like for free - there's no need to pay for what is free)

5
TheBo3b
Re: Theme Needed - will deal!
  • 2004/4/19 18:17

  • TheBo3b

  • Just popping in

  • Posts: 9

  • Since: 2004/4/9 1


Mithrandir,

I appreciate your offer to help. I haven't really found a TM template I liked much, and the response I've gotten from asking a few people directly has been, shall we say, underwhelming.

I'm not giving up the ghost quite yet...we'll see what else I can do...anyone else out there able to help???

Bob

6
dukehen
Re: Theme Needed - will deal!
  • 2004/4/26 12:26

  • dukehen

  • Just popping in

  • Posts: 91

  • Since: 2003/12/9


What modules are you hoping to use? ie. Forums?

Just wondering, because I have noticed quite a few templates on TM.com, but then again it depends on your own personal taste...

http://www.templatemonster.com/category.php?action=search&author=any+author&cat=any+category&search_words=food&from_=any&to=any

7
TheBo3b
Re: Theme Needed - will deal!
  • 2004/4/27 13:45

  • TheBo3b

  • Just popping in

  • Posts: 9

  • Since: 2004/4/9 1


dukehen:

Yeah, it's not so much that there AREN'T any themes, it's just that none of them are quite what I want.

Picky picky picky...! ;^)

What I would really like to do is find a really good theme person to kind of work with me long term. Get the colors right first, and a logo, then make things a little more customzied as things go forward. Nobody wants to pay out a ton of money up front, but I'm willing to pay a lot more over the long term for help.

I'm not like some of the other newbs here (not naming any names), in that I DO understand all the basic concepts and how the systems work, I'm just not a graphics guy. Not good at it, not something I really enjoy doing, but it's important to a great, long-lasting site. I'd rather spend my time on the content and other issues.

So, I'm still looking for that person.

8
TheBo3b
Re: Theme Needed - will deal!
  • 2004/4/27 13:46

  • TheBo3b

  • Just popping in

  • Posts: 9

  • Since: 2004/4/9 1


dukehen:

Crud! I didn't even answer your question, did I. *lol*

I'm planning to use forums, reviews, and a directory primarily. It's a restaurant, bar, club et al type site for the Chicago suburbs....believe it or not, there isn't one yet!

Bob