rickh
Upload module
  • 2004/4/11 10:11

• rickh

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/4/9 6

Hello,

I'm looking for a simple, easy to use upload module which allows specific groups to upload files and all other visitors to download that files.

I've found the Document Management module, but i think it's a bit to advanced for my users. I need something very simple.

carnuke
Re: Upload module
  • 2004/4/11 10:37

• carnuke

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/11/5

Hello rickh

We're all looking for it! The extended mydownloads module is erm... due for release. It will have the features you mention and a whole lot more. There is a simple module currently available called uploader (search here for it) But you can only set ONE permission ie those who see it will also be able to upload and download.

Richard

domineaux
Re: Upload module
  • 2004/4/11 14:04

• domineaux

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2002/9/29

I use the multi menu and link to the pafiledb. It is very simple to use, and a competent script. Permissions are much better than the "uploader", and users cannot see the database as a flat file.

You can create teams/groups with permissions. It is also an excellent download module. The permissions are not quite like what we deal with in Xoops, since it more easily lends itself to anonymous downloads. You can conceal the module by making setting group permissions. After the user has been there once and knows the linking it would be hard to inhibit use of the downloads.

VERY GOOD THIRD PARTY NON-XOOPS UP/DOWNLOAD SCRIPT pafiledb

THe script also has a "homesite" item in the header for easy editing to get back to your XOOPS home page.

I'm not saying this script is better, just a viable alternative. We still badly need a good fully XOOPS download module.

Login

Who's Online

244 user(s) are online (159 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 244

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits