kappen
Problems with Groups
  • 2004/4/9 12:23

• kappen

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/3/19

Hi,

I've been running XOOPS for about a month on a live site without any major issues. Today I go into my admin area to add some new users to some groups, but I cant. When I go into the modify group area and scroll to the bottom all I see is

Edit Members of this group

Find users for this group

and a single scroll box with the group name at the top, with one button at the bottom that just says delete. I no longer have the two scroll boxes with the add delete buttons between them.

Hopefully I am an idiot and am missing something very simple because without this function my site is pretty much dead

Kappen

JackJ
Re: Problems with Groups
  • 2004/4/9 13:14

• JackJ

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2003/8/31

hmmm, bad one, did you try switching on phpdebug in general setings for any error messages Kappen?

A few things to try if no specific error messages

Sometimes just going to the webmasters group and clicking on "update" sorts out some admin stuff.

I would also try updating your system files in system admin/modules. A last resort is to go to your cache folder and delete "adminmenu.php". Next time you go in to admin you will get a "this is your first visit message" and XOOPS should rebuild your admin.

Your files for groups are in modules/system/admin/admin/groups, you could also try overwriting these in case a file is corrupted

kappen
  • 2004/4/10 0:05

• kappen

• Just popping in

ok just did all that and it didnt help and I dont get any error messages when i turn php debugging on.

kappen
  • 2004/4/11 7:31

• kappen

• Just popping in

Anybody else have any ideas, looking at the view source of the pages it creates this looks to planned to be a bug, I swear its a option I just cant figure out how to turn off..

Anonymous
  • 2004/5/7 4:07

• Anonymous

• Since:

I have the same problem. Need help...! nvm... solved.

:)

Login

Who's Online

172 user(s) are online (107 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 172

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits