upsadaz
What do you have on line 41 in xoopsheadline/index.php?
  • 2004/4/8 14:20

• upsadaz

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/2/26

If you are successfully using the headlines module, will you please look at /modules/xoopsheadline/index.php and report what you have?
I'm geeting a blank page for this module and the debug report states:
Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in .../html/modules/xoopsheadline/index.php on line 41

This is what I have on line 41:
$hlid = $headlines[0]->getVar('headline_id');

What should it be??

PS: I have been scouring this site for info on the Headline Module for the last three days and haven't found much at all. Even in the Wiki Installation and User Guides there seems to be no helpful info for this mod. Is it because not many XOOPS users enable this module? I have also noticed several unanswered Headline Module questions in the forum. Does anybody use this module?

upsadaz
Re: What do you have on line 41 in xoopsheadline/index.php?
  • 2004/4/12 16:50

• upsadaz

• Friend of XOOPS

Do you hear that? Me neither! There is too much silence regarding this headline module! Come on somebody...
If you're using the Headline module successfully will you confirm that this line is correct? If not what should it be?
I still get a blank page for this mod and the debug feature tells me there is an error for line 41. I am using a fresh install of the latest XOOPS with the 7dana-soft module.
I know one of you XOOPS users out in the wide wide world of XOOPS will be able to help me on this.

Thanks...
I know I'm pesky... but that is the only way I know how to be.

Mithrandir

The line is correct.

Do you have any headlines setup to be retrieved from another site?

upsadaz
  • 2004/4/12 17:32

• upsadaz

• Friend of XOOPS

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you! I thought that I had offended the XOOPS Gods...

Currently when I click the Headline link: www.up-link.net/html/modules/xoopsheadline/ on the main page of my web site the page that comes up is blank.
In the admin section, Headline Configuration there is:

XOOPS Official Website (UTF-8)

When I try to enable this news headline by clicking the "display in main page" the whole site goes blank. What else is there to do? How can I trouble shoot further?
EDIT:
I have enabled debug for PHP... maybe you could take a peek?

Mithrandir

no php errors with php debug on while enabling the headline?

upsadaz
  • 2004/4/12 17:40

• upsadaz

• Friend of XOOPS

Here is what I got just now:
Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in
... html/modules/xoopsheadline/index.php on line 41
Notice [PHP]: Undefined offset: 1 in file modules/agendax/minical.inc.php line 149
Notice [PHP]: Undefined offset: 2 in file modules/agendax/minical.inc.php line 149
Notice [PHP]: Undefined offset: 1 in file modules/agendax/minical.inc.php line 149
Notice [PHP]: Undefined offset: 2 in file modules/agendax/minical.inc.php line 149

Mithrandir

on which page is that? Is that when you click the submit button from the headline administration?

upsadaz
  • 2004/4/12 17:48

• upsadaz

• Friend of XOOPS

That is on the headline page.

Now I have enabled the XOOPS news feed that I mention above and the whole website doesn't disappear like before! Huh?
Now I get this on the headline page (EDIT:http://host3.up-link.net/html/modules/xoopsheadline/):

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: xml_parser_create() in .../html/class/xml/saxparser.php on line 44

EDIT:This is when I click the Headlines link from my front page or start page on my website...

upsadaz
  • 2004/4/12 18:00

• upsadaz

• Friend of XOOPS

Also, I just noticed that at the bottom of all pages I now get a list of errors.

This is after I have enabled the XOOPS headline that comes with the headline module. I haven't tried to add any other headlines since my first try that failed. May this be an issue with the AgendaX module?

upsadaz
  • 2004/4/12 18:34

• upsadaz

• Friend of XOOPS

In addition, the XOOPS news headline that I have enabled does not display like it supposed to. But I didn't put a check mark in the "Display in Block" under the admin menu.
Now when I do check the "Display in Block the whole site is not viewable and the error I get is :
Fatal error: Call to undefined function: xml_parser_create() in /var/www/html/html/class/xml/saxparser.php on line 44

BTW Thank you for assisting me. I feel like a babe in the woods with this... but I'm willing to learn and take on a good challenge!

Login

Who's Online

112 user(s) are online (70 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 112

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits