Talis
Looking For A FAQ Module
  • 2004/4/1 12:46

• Talis

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/3/24

The FAQ modules that I have seen so far for XOOPS have only had a Main Category and then the Questions/Answers are stored under this.

I need something that allows a Main Category, Sub-Categories and then the ability to have the Questions/Answers under either the Main or SubCategories.

I thought about using WF-Sections for this, but I really want it more FAQish (if that makes any sense).

Thanks! :)

Mithrandir
Re: Looking For A FAQ Module

Tried WF-FAQ? I think it is a cross between the normal FAQ and WF-Sections

Talis
  • 2004/4/1 13:47

• Talis

• Just popping in

Shoulda thought of that!

Only thing is that I get a blank screen when I try and access the Module. I think I remember reading something about that around here some place.

Let me see if I can relocate that.

Mithrandir

Administration Menu -> System Admin -> Preferences -> General Settings -> set php debug on and go to the page again.

Talis
  • 2004/4/1 14:15

• Talis

• Just popping in

I did - got that part working. :)

Problem is I still don't see how/where you can put in Sub-Categories. I only see Main Categories and Topics.

I run several projects and need to setup each Project as a Main Category and then the various aspects (Installation, Playing, etc) as SubCategories and THEN be able to put topics under that.

Catzwolf
  • 2004/4/1 14:22

• Catzwolf

• Home away from home

• Since: 2007/9/30

There will be a new version coming out very soon that will have this feature and many more, will keep you posted

Talis
  • 2004/4/1 14:32

• Talis

• Just popping in

Major Thanks Catzwolf!

I want to get rid of the program I'm using athttp://faq.otalisman.com and want something integrated. :)

JohnCVermont

I am looking forward to this new module. The current FAQ module is quite adequate and SmartFAQ is very comprehensive. I am hoping and searching for something in between.

As mentioned earlier, the WF-FAQ module sounds good, but I have not been able to find the module for download and testing.

(yes, I did look...but Search and I do not see eye to eye sometimes. perhaps, the module is available for download on another site besides www.xoops.org or dev.xoops.org)

References :
WF-FAQ dev.xoops.org Link
SmartFAQ dev.xoops.org Link

Best of Luck,

Login

Who's Online

132 user(s) are online (99 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 132

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits