wykedorg
Something seriously wrong!
  • 2004/3/29 11:28

• wykedorg

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/3/8 1

Ok, folks. Here it is. I have been running several sites (xoops 2.0.6) from my account. All have their own database, each is a seperate hosting account on a primary account I own.

Now I have had great success with XOOPS until now. Hoping this is simple, but not sure.

I am noticing now that several areas of my sites won't update. For instance, my waiting contents will not display in a block. I noticed other modules failed to display, ie. freecontent module, etc. The theme page does not update any longer either. (YES, Update module template is turned on.)

The last module I installed was the LIENS (link to us) module. The confusing part is, that ALL of my sites are acting this way. I have spoken to Tech Support (HOST) about possible cache problems. They say there is no hidden cache file that I don't have access to. I have cleared my own cache on Local Machine. Still no go.

I am utterly baffled at how all the sites stopped updating at the same time. I could realy use some help!

At the bottom of the adult site I am currently building, there are several links I have added. I am still seeing unlinked text which is where I stopped before the update probs started.

If any one else can see links to items such as ADSERVER, SALES, SUPPORT, and compliance notice at the bottom, then I know pages are updating I just can't see the changes. If not, then I do have a problem. And I would believe it to be on my local machine before the server. Unless maybe I corrupted something???

I could realy use some professional help. Psychiatric, yes... But Technical would be good for now.

Thank You in advance for your time.

Here is the current site in question:
WARNING THIS IS AN ADULT SITE! Not intended for MINORS!
http://www.xxx-networks.net

Mithrandir
Re: Something seriously wrong!

I see ADSERVER, SALES, SUPPORT etc. in the bottom

Have you tried clearing your browser's own cache?

(btw. really disappointing not to see some download items ;-D... I mean, when I finally go on a xXx site, I'd like there to actually be something worth the while )

wykedorg
  • 2004/3/29 21:49

• wykedorg

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/3/8 1

Well, I figured it out. Somehow all the cache, templates and uploads folders were being CHMOD'd back to 755. Not sure how, but I doubled checked again this morning right after my post.

I changed permissions back to 777 and problem solved.

Sorry to waste any ones time on this one.

Thanx for the reply. Appreciate your time.

Mithrandir

Don't mention it (nah - just keep on mentioning it ) happy to be of help

Login

Who's Online

151 user(s) are online (65 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 151

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits