Alan-A
How to use Custom Theme html Files
  • 2004/3/26 13:05

• Alan-A

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/2/17

Hi,

I'm new to template design and hope that someone can help me with file paths.

I've cloned my default template set using the admin module and the default theme ordner with cut&paste.
I'd now like to modify my new "theme.html" file to call up the new, cloned "theme_blockleft.html" file instead of the default version.
At the moment the code in the new "theme.html" file is "<{include file="default/theme_blockleft.html"}>".
I could change this to "MyThemeName/theme_blockleft.html" but think it must be possible to use a variable containing the name of my theme folder.
Does anyone have an idea (variable name and syntax - I'm new to php too!) about how to do this?

Many thanks in advance

Alan

HughG
Re: How to use Custom Theme html Files
  • 2004/3/26 13:41

• HughG

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2003/2/21

Quote:

Alan-A wrote:
At the moment the code in the new "theme.html" file is "<{include file="default/theme_blockleft.html"}>".
I could change this to "MyThemeName/theme_blockleft.html" Alan

DING! perfect! the way you did it. just make sure you have update theme files checked to YES in the general preferences

kahumbu
  • 2004/3/26 14:20

• kahumbu

• Documentation Writer

• Since: 2003/8/23

I'm not aware of any variable you can use. Just change "default" to the name of the theme.

On a practical note, you can just copy and paste the content of those "block" files into your theme.html instead of calling and including them. At least, you'll be working with just one file.

Alan-A
  • 2004/3/28 15:24

• Alan-A

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/2/17

Thanks for your answers guys.
As usual I was thinking much too complicated - there is no reason to set this path dynamically (i.e. with a variable)other than to make life a little bit easier for template authors - this will never need to be changed again unless the template is renamed.

May the force be with us...

Alan

Login

Who's Online

162 user(s) are online (91 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 162

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits