shiny
[BWIKI] Blank page - view account
  • 2004/3/14 4:55

• shiny

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/3/12

I am getting a blank page when I try to view my account. I get the following error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: mb_internal_encoding() in D:\Portal\modules\bwiki\init.php on line 24
Notice [PHP]: Undefined variable: xoopsConfig in file D:\Portal\modules\bwiki\init.php line 16

Xoops 2.0.6
PHP 4.3.4
Apache 2.0.48 (Win32)
MySQL 4.018
Theme Zaja_Color

To me it looks like a problem with bwiki. I didn't have this problem before I installed it -- I think a setting needs to be changed in bwiki for it to work, but the problem is, I believe all comments are in japanese so I'm not sure what to change.

EDIT: Also, when trying to access the admin section of bwiki I get the following error:

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required 'bwiki.php' (include_path='.;c:\php4\pear:/Portal/modules/bwiki') in D:\Portal\modules\bwiki\admin\index.php on line 17
Warning [PHP]: main(bwiki.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in file D:\Portal\modules\bwiki\admin\index.php line 17

Hopefully this will help diagnose what the problem is.

Olorin
Re: [BWIKI] Blank page - view account
  • 2004/3/14 7:13

• Olorin

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/7/5 1

Well, "mbstring" extension needs to be enabled to use B-wiki. If you run your XOOPS on your own server, you can just install that extension. Or you can download "jcode_1.34.zip",(download it from this site) and then extract the zip file to the root of b-wiki as following:
-+--- mbstring.php          -r--
   +-+- 
jcode_1.34/           dr-x

+--- readme.txt          -r--
     +--- 
jcode.phps          -r--
     +--- 
jcode_wrapper.php   -r--
     +--- 
code_table.ucs2jis  -r--
     +--- 
code_table.jis2ucs  -r--

As regards the admin page, you need to edit admin/index.php to use b-wiki on WINDOWS.

/modules/bwiki/admin/index.php line-15
Quote:
BEFORE:
ini_set('include_path', ini_get('include_path').":$bwikidir");

AFTER:
ini_set('include_path', ini_get('include_path').";$bwikidir");
Change the "colon" to "semicolon", and b-wiki should work.

Actually, bwiki has many options to suit your need... That's why bwiki is powerfull anf flexible enough to satisfy many people... Anyway, most of the options are included in pukiwiki.ini.php. So you can ask babelfish...lol And you can define your own so called "wiki rule" in rules.ini.php.

I've updated the English manual for the Wiki-rule. You can check wiki rule for the latest edition.

shiny
Re: [BWIKI] Blank page - view account
  • 2004/3/14 10:55

• shiny

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/3/12

Ok, I've done everything you suggested, the other errors have gone, but jcode doesn't seem to be working..

I'm still getting:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: mb_internal_encoding() in D:\Portal\modules\bwiki\init.php on line 24

Whenever I try to access the admin section.
mbstring.php is enabled by default, isn't it? If not, how do I enable it?
Thanks,

shiny

edit: Ah, nevermind. I misunderstood what you meant by extension. Thanks for your help, it works now! :)

Login

Who's Online

171 user(s) are online (103 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 171

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits