eikke
PhpSurveyor
  • 2004/3/12 9:39

• eikke

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/1/15

Did anyone ever started to port or ported PhpSurveyor to Xoops2? I just installed this package on my testing website and its a great piece of work, really.
I need a survey package, if possible integrated with XOOPS (at least the user administration part), so...
If nobody is working at this, I think I'll get this started. Maybe Ill "fork" the project, so I can integrate it into XOOPS templates, use the XOOPS database framework,... Or isnt that a good idea?

With kind regards, Ikke

Mithrandir
Re: PhpSurveyor

You should probably contact the authors of PhpSurveyor, but since it is an open source project, they shouldn't be able to object to you making a XOOPS module from their script.

When porting, I'd suggest you use as much of the core functionality as possible. i.e. database framework, templates, preferences etc.

Good luck and have fun with it

rabideau
  • 2004/3/12 13:30

• rabideau

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/4/25

I tried to suggest this about a year ago; I even posted this concept on the site at sourceforge... and found no takers. I, too, like Jason's phpSurveyor. I have also found Jason to be very helpful and accomodating. I am pretty sure he would allow his software to be ported to Xoops. You may wish to coordinate any release with the formal release of 1.0 of phpSurveyor

I will be happy to assist you in testing any such conversion. My ability to code is extremely limited.

eikke
  • 2004/3/12 14:33

• eikke

• Just popping in

I got it started. Incorporated a little in the admin menu, everything still using the standard database calls, no xoops-integration yet. Nor user integration and all the stuff, just some basic things (filelayout etc)
You can see everything in my CVS, www.eikke.com (choose CVS in the menu)

eikke
  • 2004/3/14 14:11

• eikke

• Just popping in

Problem: I just saw a new version of phpSurveyor has been released yesterday.
Now my question is: how can I merge this new version into the changes I already made in rc7?

Any help would be veeerryyyy appreciated :) This is my first real port of an application to XOOPS (already did soms modules from scratch before)

Thanks a lot!!!

jurgis
  • 2004/3/15 23:13

• jurgis

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/3/20

I am looking for some comparisons
phpsurveyor vs phpESP.
Maybe U have some experience or info on both ?
I found just this
fanx in adwance :)

*edit*http://www.surveyworld.org (MST - marketing survey tool)
- it's one guys work. in some description it says "robust survey tool for scientific purposes" (I still haven't tried it). weird license - for (re)distribution - author written permision is needed.

sth else seems much profesional (ups, it's java ;)
http://www.objectplanet.com/opinio/

GOwin
  • 2004/3/15 23:55

• GOwin

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/5/2 9

wjue has a beta XOOPS module of phpESP called eMarkSurvey-X according to this page. unfortunately, it's being privately tested for now.

in the phpESP for XOOPS? thread, he mentioned that he has some problems with the license of phpESP

eikke
  • 2004/3/16 9:33

• eikke

• Just popping in

I chose phpSurveyor because I liked it more than phpESP, don't ask me why, just tried to do one sample survey with both (and saw the admin screen of PSV), and took my decission :)
The author is a very nice guy, always responds quickly on questions I have etc...
The only problem I face is updating my files when a new version of the 'original' PSV is released If anyone knows how to do that quickly (not manually)...

As said, you can take a look at the current project status in my CVS onhttp://www.eikke.com.

I'm facing some problems at the moment (someting with header.php, when trying to get the surveys themselves integrated in the XOOPS UI), will take a look at it, or maybe just drop the whole PSV UI system and start the whole UI thing from scratch, using Smarty templates integrated in Xoops. Not shure yet...

Greetz, Ikke

eikke
  • 2004/3/18 8:59

• eikke

• Just popping in

Anyone wanting to lend a hand on this? I'm opposed to some problems, and don't know what they're related to (something in XOOPS_ROOT_DIR."/header.php" etc, undefined variables, calls to members of a non-object,...
You can see the error if you try to complete th test survey on http://gao.eikke.com/modules/xsurvey/?sid=1. If anyone knows what causes this...
Maybe I could take this to dev.xoops.org? People over there should be able to help me a lot

Regards, Ikke

Mithrandir

This looks like an interesting project. If you go to dev.xoops.org and register the project with us there, I'm sure, we can work something out + you'll get CVS, bugtracker etc. etc. to aid development.

ATM, I cannot help you with the specific problem because there is no access for anonymous users (and if I went around registering on all XOOPS sites, I try to help, I couldn't do anything but activating accounts )

Login

Who's Online

112 user(s) are online (84 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 112

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits