zaydens
Block -> Template coordination
  • 2004/3/8 18:40

• zaydens

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/2/5 1

Hello,

I have been trying to fix some of the changes that have been inadvertently made to the website during db reinstallation. On my front page, there is a block that has system_block_mainmenu.html for the template. I looked at the template in the block edit menu and it looks fine. However, what is displayed is slightly different. I have a feeling that it's not picking up the to the right template during display. How does it work and how can I check which one is being displayed? I'm within XOOPS code now, but still cannot figure it out.

Thanks,
Eugene

Dave_L
Re: Block -> Template coordination
  • 2004/3/8 20:24

• Dave_L

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/11/7

Check which template set is selected in general settings, and which template set is being referenced in the block editor.

zaydens
  • 2004/3/8 20:32

• zaydens

• Just popping in

This is precisely the problem: how do I check? I was not able to find the code that calls the templates, so I can stick a print statement there. When I turn the query debug on, it seems that the sets as well as templates correlate, but the output is not what the template editor is telling me.
Where in the code does it pick the template? And how (and where) later on down the line does it use it to get the look-and-feel of the data?

Thanks,
Eugene

JackJ
  • 2004/3/8 21:38

• JackJ

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2003/8/31

In system admin/templates there will be a tick next to the template set that your setup is defaulting to using. This should default to the template set you have chosen in General Settings

On the server the files are in modules/system/templates. The system module holds the system files code.

I don't know how much you know already-but this may assist someone else. The appearance of the block is also controlled by the style.css in your default "theme" you have also setup in General Settings. If you wish to see changes immediately you need to go to General Settings and choose the "Update module template .html files from themes/your theme/templates directory" option..

The default template cannot be edited, but has to be cloned, and the "clone" setup as default template in general settings.

See the "Wiki Home" link for more on templates

zaydens
  • 2004/3/9 18:43

• zaydens

• Just popping in

Thanks, JackJ for your reply. The issue turns out to be much simpler than first thought. The templates were not being reloaded because the block was not updated with the new template id. Upon the template editing and resubmission, everything now works perfectly.

Regards,
Eugene Zaydens

Login

Who's Online

131 user(s) are online (78 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 131

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits