seshone
A Great Feature if it can be done?
  • 2004/3/4 21:15

• seshone

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/9/20

Ok im just wondering if someone has seen or hacked XOOPS for a feature that would give any user after say 20 posts access to a private topic. I have my XOOPS site that offers music downloads, but I dont want people to just walk in register then grab and run. What I would like to have happen is when a user posts more then 20 times they automatically get moved over to a new group, which has access to the private forum topics. That way it motivates users to get in on discussions. Some may say that anyone can just put bogus reply's but if there was flood protection it would protect from abuse. Or even a step higher to where after 20posts you get 2 downloads per 24 hours, after 40posts you get 4, and so on. Am I expecting too much to soon, or will these features ever become actual? I should really learn how to do this myself, but I dont have the time. If anyone has any ideas or if there is something like this already happening please inform me.

Forums are the main area of most community sites next to downloads, I am just trying to figure a way to increase my community chatter and keep bandwidth usage affordable for large download sites.

Thanks for your time.. XOOPS rox..

meme
Re: A Great Feature if it can be done?
  • 2004/3/4 22:07

• meme

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2002/12/10

Preferences Main »» User Info Settings
look at
Minimum posts required

Enter the minimum number of posts required to upload a custom avatar

its nice to see this feature : Minimum posts required to download or post

brash
  • 2004/3/4 22:12

• brash

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/4/10

I think what you've suggested would be a good feature to have, but I don't know how easy it would be to implement. Personally I'd love to see something like this.

seshone
  • 2004/3/4 22:49

• seshone

• Just popping in

meme: does'nt it sound easy?? hehe Im just tired of dealing with leechers and users who dont contribute, but are only there for the warez (music, software, pictures, videos, etc..) I was just thinking having minimum post to download would force the user to

1. Find a conversation to add to, or create one.
2. Create the possibillity to make a new friend.
3. Keep forum busy.
4. Keeps user logged in longer. not just ins and outs.

Brash: Wouldnt it be.. I dont know where to start with the implementation. but I have lots more ideas.

How about a simple Download counter for each person. Like instead of for example: Member Info: has All the users info including Comments/Posts, how about Downloads, and even to make it more in-depth have a listing of downloaded files by that user. This would make it much easier to track users and weed out abusers. You could also have a post/download script which gives you points for every post or comment that equals to download points. A point system would give a new addition to the downloads section, to where you can add a file for download and add how many points the user needs to download that file. The more exclusive the file the higher the points. Now that idea would skyrocket your forum.

I do'nt know but I hope someone does.

Not everyone has a site like xoops.org where forum is extreamly active. Im just trying to figure out a way to propagate my traffic.

seshone
  • 2004/3/5 2:18

• seshone

• Just popping in

Well, if anyone would know how to go about creating something like this please let me know so maybe I can get started and figure it out..

Just a little direction my friends..

thanx

tripmon
  • 2004/3/5 4:51

• tripmon

• Module Developer

• Since: 2004/2/28

I'll work with you on it, but I can't until mid April.

Sounds like a good idea.
Trip

limecity
  • 2004/3/5 5:00

• limecity

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/7/6 0

This sounds like something i wanted..

Can each of the user have their personal counter of how many times they login?

all stated in their user profile..

Login

Who's Online

140 user(s) are online (99 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 140

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits