andyng
Forum Catalog Title Background Color and Font Color
  • 2004/3/1 13:02

• andyng

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/3/1 1

I would like to know where can I change the Forum Catalog Title Bneackground and Font color as the default font color is seem cannot be seen on the screen since the background is deep blue but the font is too dark to allow users to view the title. It is terrible if so.

Any body can give advice how to change it.

Vargr
Re: Forum Catalog Title Background Color and Font Color
  • 2004/3/1 13:31

• Vargr

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2003/6/19

Go to your CSS file and the following:

.outerhead a:hover {
}

Change it to:

color: #FF0000;
}

This will make the categories change colour on MOUSE OVER.

In order to change the colour of the category title itself, see if your .outerhead a resembles this

.outerhead a {
font-size: 15px;
color: #ffffff;
}

or something similar.

You of course have to select colours that fit your theme.

andyng
  • 2004/3/2 0:51

• andyng

• Just popping in

Hi,

I only can find the style.css file under \\mywebsite.com\xoops\theme\default and inside the style.css, I cannot find the statement that you mentioned.

I have tried to find any style.css or other xxxx.css under \\mywebsite.com\xoops\modules\newbb (where is the forum module) but nothing .css files there.

The forum catalog title is the title that will created by the system when I create a catalog but not the forum name. When anyone click the forum, the system will show different catalog with different forum items. The catalog is not sharp in color that no one can see the catalog title unless the viistors or users to move mouse over the catalog title.

What I want to do is the catalog title can show sharply without users to move mouse over the catalog title. By doing so, the visitors can easily to find which catalog forum they are interested in.

Please give advice if any body know how to change the background color and the font color for the catalog title.

Regards,

Andy

Quote:

Vargr wrote:
Go to your CSS file and the following:

}

Change it to:

}

This will make the categories change colour on MOUSE OVER.

In order to change the colour of the category title itself, see if your .outerhead a resembles this

.outerhead a {
}

or something similar.

You of course have to select colours that fit your theme.

Vargr
  • 2004/3/2 9:03

• Vargr

• Not too shy to talk

Sorry if my reply wasn't detailled enough. I forgot that my setup might differ from the default one.

First of all, you should make a copy of your theme, so you don't use your default theme supplied with XOOPS.

This can be done by simply copying the existing XOOPSROOT/themes/default to XOOPSROOT/themes/my_theme (you should probably choose a better name).
Remember to go to ADMIN, SYSTEM ADMIN and choose Settings, general settings and change the standard theme to "my_theme".

This way you can play around with the theme and you will always have a fall-back theme if you mess up or if you just want to see how the default settings were.

In your new theme's CSS, locate:

.outer {border: 1px solid silver;}
.head {background-color: #c2cdd6; padding: 5px; font-weight: bold;}
.even {background-color: #dee3e7; padding: 5px;}
.odd {background-color: #E9E9E9; padding: 5px;}
.foot {background-color: #c2cdd6; padding: 5px; font-weight: bold;}
tr.even td {background-color: #dee3e7; padding: 5px;}
tr.odd td {background-color: #E9E9E9; padding: 5px;}

and add

.outerhead a {
}

}

Go to the template for the forum (ADMIN/System Admin/Templates/My_templates/Forum/ newbb_index.html
This requires that you have already made a clone of your default templates, as YOU CANNOT CHANGE THE DEFAULT TEMPLATES!

Find this:

<!-- start forum categories -->
<{section name=category loop=$categories}>
<table cellspacing="1" class="outer">
<tr align="left" valign="top"><th colspan="6"> <a href="<{$xoops_url}>/modules/newbb/index.php?cat=<{$categories[category].cat_id}>">
<{$categories[category].cat_title}></a></th></tr>
<tr class="head" align="center">

and change it to:

<!-- start forum categories -->
<{section name=category loop=$categories}>
<table cellspacing="1" class="outer" border="3">
<tr align="left" valign="top"><th colspan="6"
class="outerhead"> <a href="<{$xoops_url}>/modules/newbb/index.php?cat=<{$categories[category].cat_id}>"><font size="+1">
<{$categories[category].cat_title}><font size="-1"></a></th></tr>
<tr class="head" align="center">

You will have to do this various places thoughout the newsbb templates.

I hope it became a little more clear now and sorry for giving you a half-answer based on wrong conditions first time.

Do ask if you need clarifications or further help.

andyng
  • 2004/3/2 14:51

• andyng

• Just popping in

Hi vargr,

Thanks for your prompt reply, but I can't follow you since I am a newbie to use PHP script and I am not a programmer.

However, I cannot find all stuff you mentioned about, therefore, I cannot follow your instruction to change the template and .css files accordingly.

Do you mind to give your email address so that I can write to you directly with screen capture (for easier to express my requirement) and if possible, I can mail the existing template and .css to you to have a look and see how to change it?

I know it is your responsible to do so but it is easier for me to follow.

Thanks for your help and support.

Regards,

Andy

Vargr
  • 2004/3/2 16:50

• Vargr

• Not too shy to talk

A few questions:

1: Do you know how to clone the templates?

2: Do you know how to copy the default theme and give it a new name?

3: Are you familiar with ASCII editors?

My email is sent to you as PM.

andyng
  • 2004/3/5 13:42

• andyng

• Just popping in

Hi,

I am very thanks for your promot repy all the time. Since I am busy in my daily full time job and I dont' have time to reply your message. Please forgive me.

However, I haven't received your personal email address. Please send your personal email address to my personal email address (andy_ng_cw@hotmail.com), so that I can forward my requirement to check whether you can help me or not.

I know you are a nice person to help any bodies who has difficulties in this field as I checked with your account, you have sent more thant 150 messages as you joined this forum.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Regards,

Andy Ng

Login

Who's Online

198 user(s) are online (129 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 198

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits