Maracas
Modules don't appear for installation
  • 2004/2/29 3:25

• Maracas

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/2/18

I just uploaded iMenu and MultiMenu into my modules directory so I could check them both out. However, neither appears in the area where you would select it to install. They don't appear as broken as they do if the upload went awry. They just don't appear (yes, I checked to see if I uploaded them into my modules directory.

In the interim, I went ahead and replaced my Main Menu by using the custom block deal in the admin area. Works pretty well if you remember to use your theme's stylesheet. I haven't tried linking off site yet, but I don't see any reason why it wouldn't work.

I'm sure there's a better way to replace the main menu, without resorting to a module, but that's what I came up with. Hey, it may not be the best way, but it works!

Anyway, any ideas on why iMenu and MultiMenu don't appear where they can be installed? Thanks in advance.

carnuke
Re: Modules don't appear for installation
  • 2004/2/29 8:51

• carnuke

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/11/5

Hi Maracas,

I have installed and use multimenu quite successfully on my site. There is One thing that comes to mind and I've seen this on a number of module distributions; The file set is not always placed in the root of the package ie you will have a distribution like this

multi-menu/modules/multimenu/file set in this directory

The installer will not see the file set unless you upload the final directory only.

Just a thought ...

Richard

Login

Who's Online

242 user(s) are online (173 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 242

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits