DrBohner
Uploading a File in Downloads Modules
  • 2004/2/29 1:18

• DrBohner

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/4/4 1

Howdy,

I would like to provide the functionality to have my members upload files - to the Downloads area.

Basically - the way XOOPS defaults is that they have to already have the file uploaded somewhere else - and point to the that file. I would like to make it so that one specific group has the ability to upload to a mydownloads/files folder.

Anyone have this functionality yet? If so, can you send me a design?

Anyone building it? or do I have to go ahead and build it myself?

Thanks in advance!

Daniel Bohner
drbohner@existinglight.net
www.existinglight.net

carnuke
Re: Uploading a File in Downloads Modules
  • 2004/2/29 9:16

• carnuke

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/11/5

Hi Daniel

check out THIS LINK Read all the post regarding this module there's some good info. I had to first uninstall the original mydownloads that came with XOOPS distribution as there was some conflict with db tables.

Regards, Richard

DrBohner
  • 2004/2/29 16:49

• DrBohner

• Just popping in

Doesn't seem to do what I am asking.

I want to be able to have my registered users upload from their PC to the downloads area - It still requires them to have put the file on an FTP server.

I uploaded the enhanced mydownloads - but it contains a lot of issues (I am running 2.0.6). If I use BeyondCompare, by ScooterSoftware.Com - to compare the changes in the enhanced against the 2.0.6 version of XOOPS - it is sort of frightening...

Other options?

Daniel
(on the www.snakeriverspringers.org site)

carnuke
  • 2004/2/29 17:24

• carnuke

• Home away from home

Daniel,

Sorry this module did not do it for you.

Perhaps, someone else can offer another option. There is a module somewhere called "uploader" but I don't know where it is. You might ty a google search.

Richard

carnuke
  • 2004/2/29 18:13

• carnuke

• Home away from home

Uploader module in on XOOPS Germany site HERE You may need to register to get this file. I have not used this module, So I cant tell you how it works. It's up to you to try it out

Richard

samuels
  • 2004/2/29 19:45

• samuels

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2003/10/30

I'm the author of Mydownloads module modified, I'm trying to improve it. Can you explain me why it's frightening?

DrBohner
  • 2004/3/1 2:53

• DrBohner

• Just popping in

Samuels,

If you've never used a copy of beyondcompare by scootersoftware.com - go get yourself the evaluations and compare the 2.0.6 version of mydownloads against the latest mods you are working on.

The parameter and variable mis-alignments should peak your interests... When I see enhancements and hacks - I like to see them based on the most current version of the release and using the same variable names...

I should not have used the phrase 'frightening'... I crossed the bounds. I should have stated that the module did not appear to use the current variable naming conventions....

Are you currently working on a hack that will allow a registered user to upload? I desperately need an upload function (thus far, I haven't seen one).

Thanks!

Daniel

samuels
  • 2004/3/1 15:11

• samuels

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2003/10/30

I've based my work over Mydownloads rc1 module, so i've used the naming conventions of rc1 release.

I'll try to apply upload and groups permission hacks to mydownloads 2.06 ver.

Login

Who's Online

140 user(s) are online (80 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 140

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits