krayc
A list of global definitions like {$xoop_url} is it available?
  • 2004/2/28 22:10

• krayc

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/2/17

I not sure I'm asking the right thing...
I've been trying to figure how to put images in content (like news, articles, tinycontent) and have yet to find a way besides using the full URL. Which will make it a pain when I move this site.

So first is there a file somewhere that defines all these variables? I've seen $xoops_url used in templates, so I assume there are others I might be able to use

And second can I access these from a 'content' page like a news article?

And third is the idea of a module 'myVariables' a wacky idea? ie a class that I as an admin can edit/add/delete references, and to use in other modules, templates, content pages?

I know a lot of questions, but I thought if you got this far, you might know the answers. :)

krayc

Mithrandir
Re: A list of global definitions like {$xoop_url} is it available?

First: Go to System Admin -> General Settings -> turn on Smarty Debug. Then go to a module page, which uses a Smarty template and you should get a pop-up window with all Smarty variables on that page.
Now go to another page in another module and see, which variables are the same in both modules.

Second: Any variables, which are not set in the module pages, but are still there in Smarty debug, you can use anywhere - with some possible exceptions. Try it out

Third: Depends on, what you want to use those references to

krayc
Re: A list of global definitions like {$xoop_url} is it available?
  • 2004/2/28 23:17

• krayc

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/2/17

Slowly getting enlightened here. Nice feature that debug..
But for clarification...
Quote:

Mithrandir wrote:

Second: Any variables, which are not set in the module pages, but are still there in Smarty debug, you can use anywhere - with some possible exceptions. Try it out

Could you expand upon the term "module pages" <- what do you mean by this?

And when you say: "you can use anywhere" do you mean in templates or blocks that contain PHP script? or by anywhere do you mean I could also use these variables (using the wysiwyg editor) while creating an 'article' for the 'news' module? and if so could you give an example? of how to use $xoops_url to define the source of an image?

kray

Login

Who's Online

223 user(s) are online (68 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 223

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Aug 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits