studioC
help please within php ???
  • 2004/2/27 13:06

• studioC

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/12/7

hello all ! I have a big problem, i don't know much about php, but i want to implement a styleswitcher ala ...http://www.alistapart.com/articles/phpswitch ... but it gets me crazy last 2 days...

what i've done sofar is:

in theme.html:
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" media="screen" title="User Defined Style" href="<{$xoops_url}>/userstyles/<{php}>echo(!isset($sitestyle))?'style':$sitestyle<{/php}>.css" />

and this is the switcher.php which i put in the root of that domain...

<?php
$set = $_GET['set'];
$set = preg_replace('#[^a-zA-Z0-9_-]#', '', $set);
setcookie ('sitestyle', $set, time()+31536000, '/', '.yellowbyte.com', '0');
header('Location: '.$_SERVER['HTTP_REFERER']);
?>

it works so far that i dont get a blank page , but it don't changes path to stylesheet... he renders that php into link rel stylesheet ...but seems to forget that echo... all i get back is "domain/userstyles/style.css" but no changes when click on e.g. red ....??

someone out there with a solution ?
michael

studioC
Re: help please within php ???
  • 2004/2/27 19:18

• studioC

• Friend of XOOPS

ok... i've just managed to install a styleswitcher which uses session id instead of cookies, i hope there are no problems using mozilla ? .. Please have a look ...
at... http://yellowbyte.com

thanks for comments ... Please! if there will be someone with more knowledge in php, please! help ... within that solution i still had to use the links changing styles within the theme.html (within block the link within <?php echo does not work , and sessionid kills w3c validator...

michael

Dave_L
  • 2004/2/27 19:46

• Dave_L

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/11/7

Instead of

<{php}>echo(!isset($sitestyle))?'style':$sitestyle<{/php}>

I would use

<{if isset($smarty.cookies.sitestyle)}><{$smarty.cookies.sitestyle}><{else}>   style<{/if}>

However, it's insecure to blindly use a cookie value to construct a path. The value should be checked first, to make sure it's reasonable.

studioC
  • 2004/2/27 21:06

• studioC

• Friend of XOOPS

thanks dave, i will try it, if actual solutions does not work. Shouldn't it possible to use XOOPS cookie? hm.. thanks again..

michael

Login

Who's Online

161 user(s) are online (85 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 161

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits