cblevins
add text to index page
  • 2004/2/23 18:51

• cblevins

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/2/11

I am lost. Were do I add my text for the home page?

Dave_L
Re: add text to index page
  • 2004/2/23 19:54

• Dave_L

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/11/7

What "text" specifically do you mean?

cblevins
  • 2004/2/23 21:43

• cblevins

• Just popping in

On the index page or when you go to a website the first page that comes up is the index.html but here this is being done in some other formatt. So if I wanted to edit the index. html to say hello or give info on the site which page would I need to edit to add my info?

Herko
  • 2004/2/23 21:46

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

XOOPS is a dynamic website management system, and works with the php scripting language. Hence the different format in the index.html.

You can create a custom block in the system admin -> blocks page, and set it to show for your visitors at system admin -> groups.

Herko

cblevins
  • 2004/2/23 22:34

• cblevins

• Just popping in

OK I see were to add. But under add new block do I make it visable to top page only (would this be considered index.html) Thanks for the help! One knowledge can only inprove with others help!

Mithrandir

Top page is the first page, i.e. the page, which is loaded when hitting www.yoursite.com - which opens the index.php in the XOOPS root folder.

If you have not specified a module as the start page (in System Admin -> Preferences -> General Preferences) you'll just have a page without other contents than the blocks, you specify to be visible on the top/all page(s)

If you want the block only to show on the top page and e.g. not in the forums or articles or whichever modules you have installed, you should only enable it for the top page. If, however, you want this block to be visible in other modules' pages, choose those modules or "All pages" in the multiple select box.

To make the block visible to anonymous (non-logged-in) users, you'll also need to go to System Admin -> Groups and edit the anonymous users' access to include this custom block.

cblevins
  • 2004/2/23 23:35

• cblevins

• Just popping in

Last question for now if I have a link at the top of the template but want it to link within the template to just a page that I am creating new (under blocks section) how would this be done?

Mithrandir

like an ordinary <a href link with a little twist:
<a href='<{$xoops_url}>/foldernameifany/page.ext'>Text</a>

Login

Who's Online

166 user(s) are online (110 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 166

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits