JackJ
wfsections user and admin spaw wysiwyg re-hash available
  • 2004/2/19 0:44

• JackJ

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2003/8/31

Spaw is not compatible with Netscape

Note: this wysiwyg is using WYSIWYG HTML only, users use spaw as well as admin, which might be a security risk for unsecure public sites. It is safer to only allow trusted groups access to article submission.

The "submit" sub-menu can be hidden from specified groups i.e registered users, but this is not secure, it can be just "hidden", depends on how you set up your group permissions.

This WYSIWYG Spaw editor re-hashed wfsections was initially for a friend who wanted a WYSIWYG for pupils in a School using a non-public site or intranet. So I thought I would make it available to anyone who may find it useful.

The spaw module from catswolf is also included with a smaller toolbar to fit in the page, but achoice of toolbars is available.

Users can also edit, manage and delete their own articles.

This also bypasses the breaks into to linebreaks thing from the XOOPS text sanitizer (no extra linespaces added to HTML)

It makes use of catswolf's Spaw module and has spaw in the admin backend and user frontend. (I am working on one for just the admin backend)

This wfsections has bux fixes applied from around here and there, i.e webmasters email not stuck at id "1" etc, and language definitions fixed. It also has the "url" fix, which allows a url link to be included in articles.

Instructions:

Install Catswolfs Spaw Module

If you have already got this module you can use the toolbar file here located in:

modules/spaw/lib/toolbars/full

and overwrite your own full_toolbar_data.inc.php

This one is not so wide and fits in the page better.

The orginal toolbar is in their, you can use that if you wish, has more facilities, first rename the above toolbar to anything you wish, and then rename orgfull_toolbar_data.inc.pl to full_toolbar_data.inc.php

Install wfsections

The user menu which appears in the main menu only shows "submit article" and edit article to registered users.

This can be changed by going to the xoops_version.php in the root of wfsections--look for the menu code like this:

// Menu
$modversion['hasMain'] = 1;
global $xoopsUser;
if(!empty($xoopsUser)) {
$group = $xoopsUser->getGroups();

if (in_array(2, $group)) { //or other group-IDs
$modversion['sub'][2]['name'] = "Submit Article";
$modversion['sub'][2]['url'] = "submit2.php";
}

$modversion['sub'][3]['name'] = "Edit Article";
$modversion['sub'][3]['url'] = "allarticles.php";
}
}
$modversion['sub'][4]['name'] = _MI_WFS_POPULAR;
$modversion['sub'][4]['url'] = "topten.php?counter=1";
$modversion['sub'][5]['name'] = _MI_WFS_RATEFILE;
$modversion['sub'][5]['url'] = "topten.php?rate=1";

you can specify which group or groups can see these sub-links by altering these lines:

group "2" is registered users and above, you can add more groups into Xoops.

group "1" is Admin, you can specify more than one group

group "3" is anon users

Avalable
Here

tcrowder
Re: wfsections user and admin spaw wysiwyg re-hash available
  • 2004/2/19 2:30

• tcrowder

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/2/19

I installed a hack so that I could install more than one avatar at a time, but the hack requires wfsections to be installed. I downloaded the patch, but how do you install it.

Login

Who's Online

200 user(s) are online (139 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 200

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits