cuckston
Submit an Upload?
  • 2004/2/17 22:32

• cuckston

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/1/19

New problem.... I need the submit a download section to be a 'submit an upload section.' Because i'm running a swimming site and people need to upload their rankings I simply want them to be able to chose the file from there computer, press go and it will upload the file to my server and then i can move it into place. Is this possible??

Thanks

Vargr
Re: Submit an Upload?
  • 2004/2/17 22:41

• Vargr

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2003/6/19

Not quite sure what you mean, but if you need people to be able to upload a file to you, that functionality is already available in the "Download" module.ยจ

When you choose that module in the main menu a sub menu will appear where you can upload files to the server.

Mithrandir

That's in Mydownloads RC1 - in the basic Mydownloads module, you can submit a download, but only soft-link to it not upload it.

cuckston
  • 2004/2/17 22:47

• cuckston

• Quite a regular

I'm gettin confused now, all i want is when people go onto submit a download, they can upload the file into a directory onto my site (i.e. mysite.com/xoops/uploads).

Is this posible without having to change 100 tons of coding because i'm not brill at it all.

Vargr
  • 2004/2/17 22:47

• Vargr

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2003/6/19

Mithrandir:

You are right. My mistake.

Cuckston:

Listen to Mithrandir - not to me

cuckston
  • 2004/2/17 22:49

• cuckston

• Quite a regular

The only options i get are submit a download, popular and top rated, nothing about uploading. All you can do is upload a link.

Mithrandir

See if this works for you

cuckston
  • 2004/2/17 22:52

• cuckston

• Quite a regular

Is my downloads part of XOOPS already or am I going to have to get another module?

Mithrandir

The link, I gave, is to a thread about a replacement module.

All modules like News, Mydownloads, Links and Headlines are not part of XOOPS as such - they are distributed with the basic XOOPS package, but function like any other module out there with module installation and configuring.

Using the module in the linked thread shouldn't be harder than using the original one.

Login

Who's Online

130 user(s) are online (73 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 130

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits