Grimoire
The Shadowlands - Input requested
  • 2004/2/8 17:06

• Grimoire

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/11/18

Hello, I run a Paranormal, Occult and Paganism News/Info site.

I am torn between fiblack3dblue and subblack for the default theme. I could use some feedback on that matter.

Also if you have any other input or comments on the site I'd be interested to hear what you have to say.

Thanks for your time

http://shadowlands.blogdns.net

Harlequin
Admin of The Shadowlands

carnuke
Re: The Shadowlands - Input requested
  • 2004/2/8 21:36

• carnuke

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/11/5

HELLO

I can't really sae that either theme is much better than another. There seems to be an almost stereotypical requirement for anything occult to dress in a dark mask. This seems to miss the whole point of occult investigation and interest. Surely the point is to expand the revelation of the hidden and the hiding of the revealed. This requires the rendering of subtle contrasts between dark and light. In this r5espect I slightly favour the theme with the Moon in your banner.

Oh, well, just my opinion

I feel what's more important is that you chose more suitable graphics for the forum that the default XOOPS icons. I'm not being very loyal here, but I think they are generally very clumbsy and large. What is more they do not render well on a dark background as you can see. Another point; Your intermediate flash screens are still white, This really hits the eyes after a dark page background.

Whatever you do; Good luck and Blessed be

Richard

Grimoire
Re: The Shadowlands - Input requested
  • 2004/2/8 22:08

• Grimoire

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/11/18

Hello Richard -

>I can't really sae that either theme is much better than another. There seems to be an almost stereotypical requirement for anything occult to dress in a dark mask. This seems to miss the whole point of occult investigation and interest.

Well I was going for more a spin on the name 'shadowlands' then the general 'occult theme'. But your point is well taken. Do you have a theme you would suggest?

>I feel what's more important is that you chose more suitable graphics for the forum that the default XOOPS icons.

Are you refering to the graphic emoticons? Or such things as the graphic buttons?

>Your intermediate flash screens are still white, This really hits the eyes after a dark page background.

I didnt even think about that, thanks for bringing that up. But on that note, I am not sure how to change this. :P If you have a link or breif explanation i'd appreciate it.

>Whatever you do; Good luck and Blessed be

thanks, BB to you as well.

Login

Who's Online

228 user(s) are online (140 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 228

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits