porkie
Moving Xoops from a sub-directory to the root
  • 2004/1/31 15:02

• porkie

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/1/31

Hello fellow XOOPS users,

Can I first of all say a big thank you to all of the people who have helped in developing XOOPS so that numbskulls like me can benefit from it. I’ve spent the best part of the last six months looking at and testing the various CMS on offer – PhpNuke, e107, PostNuke, Mambo etc and I have to say that none of them, in my limited experience, come even close to offering the usability and functionality of Xoops.

However, I do have a problem that I hope some kind soul on here can help me with. I originally installed XOOPS 2.0.5 in a sub directory of the main root – ie, mysite/xoops/ because initially all I wanted to do was test it. But, as time has passed I’ve realised that XOOPS is definitely the system for me and now I would like to move it into the root directory.

Unfortunately – and this is severe lack of planning on my part – I’ve developed the look and feel of the site, installed the modules I require and some content etc and I would really not like to have to start again from scratch.

Can someone point me to any easy way to achieve this move – please? And owing to my limited computer literacy I would need a step-by-step idiots guide.

Mithrandir
Re: Moving Xoops from a sub-directory to the root

move the contents of the XOOPS folder to the root of the webserver.

Edit the mainfile to reflect the changes in url and root path. That should be all.

m0nty
Re: Moving Xoops from a sub-directory to the root
  • 2004/2/2 4:18

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/10/24

you could also just change the configs in mainfile etc and take out the subfolder part.. ie change yoursite/xoops/index.php to yoursite/index.php

then change the root folder of the server to the XOOPS folder..

this is done by pointing your domain at the XOOPS folder..

that way your root folder becomes xoops/ so u no longer need to type in yourdomain.com/xoops/index.php

it'll save copying or moving all the files..

just a suggestion.. you'll not need to change your absolute paths then..

Login

Who's Online

1023 user(s) are online (34 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 1023

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Jul 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits