kaliman
mamboserver template design: Can this be done?
  • 2004/1/24 18:58

• kaliman

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2003/12/17

I tested mambo for a few days. XOOPS is a lot more powerfull, but mambo has a great feature that -in my humble opinion- would be very usefull in xoops: a dreamweaver extension that allows you to create templates in a wysiwyg (design)mode. This is, you can create the layout you want and insert the elements of mambo that you need.
This make the process of creating a site the way you want, very easy. Of course it doesn't have to be a DW extension, but something with this functionallity.
If any developer could take a look at it, I think it would result in a very usefull tool.
Have a nice day!

Mambo can be gotten: here
and the dreamweaver extension: here

domineaux
Re: mamboserver template design: Can this be done?
  • 2004/1/25 18:46

• domineaux

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2002/9/29

Quote:
a dreamweaver extension that allows you to create templates in a wysiwyg (design)mode. This is, you can create the layout you want and insert the elements of mambo that you need.

Do you have to have dreamweaver to use the extension?

I DL the Mambo, and everything looks good. I'm not sure it is any improvement over Xoops. I do think there are better ways to do things..however.

I haven't really been able to ferret it any viable strong points over Xoops. I do think there are a lot of competent modules and other tools for it that look very good. THe Mambo sites do have more of a commercial persona to them.

----------------

kaliman
  • 2004/1/26 0:19

• kaliman

• Not too shy to talk

Hi, I strongly agree with you about XOOPS being a lot better and this is why I brought the topic to this forum. To use the template extension you must have DW. Using it is very simple, you insert some code at the head of the document, and after that you design how the template must look (wysiwyg) and insert the mambo elements you need (banners, body etc.) and you have a template.
Giving XOOPS a "personal look" is a mayor concern of lots of users (see the forum) and this is a very easy way to achieve that goal.
I hope things like this come developed. "Non programmers" (like me) would certainly find that particular task a lot easier.
Have a nice day

kaliman
  • 2004/1/26 17:18

• kaliman

• Not too shy to talk

edited:
SORRY WRONG POST

Login

Who's Online

219 user(s) are online (115 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 219

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits