Stewdio
Custom Block - Formulair not selectable in Visible List
  • 2004/1/16 22:19

• Stewdio

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2003/5/7 1

Ok, I didn't want to start a new thread but here I am anyway. I'll give a brief history of my problem before I explain the larger problem.

I installed the Formulair Module on my site. Fot the uninitiated, thats the module that lets you create custom forms and it does the job quite well. What I wanted to do, was add a custom block to each form that would explain what the form is for, tell what fields are required etc, etc. When trying to do so, it wouldn't show up on the form elements page.

I named the block which all the forms are named and shown "Submission Forms", then created my forms (only two so far). Once they were working, I created my custom block, and set it to display in the "Submission Forms" page. After updating the block admin, I wasn't seeing the newly created custom block on the Submission Forms area of my site. After a couple hours of playing and tinkering around, I was still unable to do anything to get it to display.

Later today I went back at it in hopes to recify or learn more about the problem. So I went to the default Contacts module on my site and what I found was my custom block! Why I didn't look here sooner is anyones guess, but there it is. So, I went back into block admin, and sure enough, the name I gave for Formulair (Submission Forms) shows up in the selection list, but I was surprised to see that "Contact" module or block didn't show up. Confused? So am I.

So heres the break down in not so human terms. The default contact module is displaying the wrong module name. This is so confusing, I can barly think as I type, so pardon me if I sound frustrated. Let me try this agin...

After installing Formulair, it shows up in the visible list of blocks to chow in the block admin. When I create a custom block for formulair, the block doesn't show up in the new module, but in the Contact module. So two things are happening tha I can see. First, the block shows in the wrong place, and secondly, Formulair is replacing the contact module name in the selection list when selecting a place to have it shown.

Does this make any sense to anyone? Sorry if I'm unclear, it's just that I'm so confused it's hard to explain. Thirdly, I tried to disable the default Contact module. It dissapears from view as it should, but the Forumulair forms block (renamed Submition Form) still shows up in the visible list, even though the visible list actualy the default contacts module.

So in summary, I have a module that is piggy-backing off another module that won't let me use it like a regular module. It shows up as a block named to whatever I call it in Block admin, but uses a different module in the visible list and custom block display.

I'm tempted to re-write whats neccessary to make it function like a proper module, but I lack the skills and time needed to reseach a huge undertaking like this. Whats second nature for some mystifies me, so I don't think I'll be re-writing anything soon. If someone could shine some light on this, I would appreciate it. Further if anyone has the Formulair Module installed, try doing what I did to see if you get the same results so ou can better understand my quandry.

Now that my head hurts, I think I'll go catch an episode of Voyager and come back later...

Cheers

Login

Who's Online

911 user(s) are online (81 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 911

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Jul 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits