pelon
Nobody can login in my site!
  • 2004/1/16 2:15

• pelon

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/1/16

Dear everybody, I need your help!

Starting from yesterday nobody (including the admin!!) can login into my site (xoops 2.0.4)! Users can type the username + password, the banner pops up saying that the login is successful, but when the front page returns the login box is still there! Different client machines with different cookies settings were tried but still nobody can login...so it should not be the clients/browsers' problem.

I've also checked the MySQL dbs and the mainfile.php and seems that they are the same as before. The XOOPS still accept annoymous posting and even new member registration...just the login fails!!

brash
Re: Nobody can login in my site!
  • 2004/1/16 2:23

• brash

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/4/10

Have you, or anyone with admin access changed your php configuration at all, or has there been any permission changes? Perhaps giving us some details as to your environment might help too.

pelon
  • 2004/1/16 3:21

• pelon

• Just popping in

My site hosts at somebody's server and I am still checking if they have made any changes to the php. Does php or permission changes matter? I am quite a newbie only!
The PHP is 4.3.3 and MySQL 4.0.15-standard, I have access to change the permission but just before the incident I have done nothing

brash
  • 2004/1/16 3:25

• brash

• Friend of XOOPS

I'd say the most likely reasons would be a php setting, pathing and/or permissions issue. What Operating system does the server hosting your site use?

pelon
  • 2004/1/16 3:33

• pelon

• Just popping in

Thanks brash for offering the help!! It's Linux Kernel version 2.4.20-28.8smp.

brash
  • 2004/1/16 5:03

• brash

• Friend of XOOPS

Not a problem . Unfortunately my knowledge of Linux is pretty close to zero, so I'm not going to be much help from here on as my skills sit with windows. However the same priciples apply. Make sure that the XOOPS can read and write to the directory specified for the session.save_path varible for PHP.

djsckizo
  • 2004/1/16 5:15

• djsckizo

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/5/9 8

just out of curiosity who is your host?

i've had this happen to me before and i believe it was with 2.0.4 but i don't remember now...it was very annoying and i don't recall how it was that i finally fixed it

Herko
  • 2004/1/16 8:35

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

FIrst of all, update your site to 2.0.5.2, as 2,0,4 has a lot of known and fixed bugs.

Second of all, make sure that your firewall software sees the XOOPS site as a trusted site and doesn't block the HTTP Header information.

Herko

pelon
  • 2004/1/16 12:48

• pelon

• Just popping in

Thanks a lot...I will try 2.0.5.2...but I have just tried to install a new copy of a translated version of 2.0.5.1 but just has the same problem happened

Could be the php session path problem?? But it worked fine for the past few months...strange!!

Mithrandir

Quote:

Herko Coomans wrote:
FIrst of all, update your site to 2.0.5.2, as 2,0,4 has a lot of known and fixed bugs.

Second of all, make sure that your firewall software sees the XOOPS site as a trusted site and doesn't block the HTTP Header information.

Herko
Software firewalls shouldn't block logins, as it only blocks CHANGING data in the database - not SELECT statements. If the users exist in the database, they should be able to login no matter their software firewall status.

Login

Who's Online

230 user(s) are online (175 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 230

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits