GadgetMn
Intelligent Blocks
  • 2004/1/15 21:49

• GadgetMn

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/7/15

Is there anyway of telling a block where on the page it is being presented. I would like to offer a different layout depending on whether it was a side or central block...

GadgetMn

carnuke
Re: Intelligent Blocks
  • 2004/1/15 22:02

• carnuke

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/11/5

This is just a general comment about blocks.
When you create your block you also decide where its position will be. Blocks also accept bbcode and limited html mark-up, so you can format the content and style according to where you place it on the page. The custom block section has menus for selecting how you want to present the content. I've used html, php javascript, tables and graphics quite successfully in blocks. Modules also have a certain amount of flexiblity, but that's controlled more in the 'edit template' screen for each module or in the templates section.

Richard

GadgetMn
Re: Intelligent Blocks
  • 2004/1/15 22:07

• GadgetMn

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/7/15

True,

But if you're writing a module to be shared with the community or (as I have started in another thread) allow users to choose where they want the blocks, you need to be able to determine how the block behaves when it's displayed.

yes you can right blocks that are meant to be used left, right or centre, but why not add that extra piece of intelligence that asks "Where am I?"

GadgetMn

Login

Who's Online

209 user(s) are online (152 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 209

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits