m0nty
News Module Problems
  • 2004/1/14 17:11

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/10/24

i can't seem to add or edit any news items..

when i'm entering text, i enter the text in the text bar as shud be, but when i click the bold, italic or any buttons including the add button, i get error on page appear in the IE status bar at bottom of page and none of the buttons will work..

also in admin/system/preferences.. the debug isn't working either.. i selected php debug mode and when i goto pages there's no popup window that appears like it used to, so no debug info is available..

chapi
Re: News Module Problems
  • 2004/1/14 17:30

• chapi

• Theme Designer

• Since: 2002/1/22

I don't know why you getting errors in the news module.

But one thing I know is, that the PHP debug mode doesn't open a popup window. The errors will be displayed at the top of your page!

m0nty
  • 2004/1/14 17:49

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

yeah, my mistake, but i just noticed when any debug mode is enabled it doesn't work.. also if MySQL debug mode is enabled etc it always says > when u change or refresh page.. no debug info appears but on the IE status bar it says "done but with errors on page" if debug mode is disabled i don't get that message..

altho the news module still doesn't work right either mode..

also! as soon as i start typing any text whatsoever into the text areas the error message appears..

m0nty
  • 2004/1/14 18:36

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

ok i fixed the problem, it wasn't a problem with the news module as such..

the problem was with a hack that was installed..

the xoopshack.zip which adds the flash and media content etc into the news module..

i installed this b4 christmas, but being as the whole server was down from the 26th till yesterday it took some figurin out as to y..

Login

Who's Online

51 user(s) are online (35 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 51

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits