fatman
kStore - product catalogue demo
  • 2004/1/14 4:33

• fatman

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/12/13

I wonder if anyone wants to look over my online store module. This is a port of a shopping cart system I had built a little while back. When I found XOOPS I immediately started porting it over.

I've created a demo account which has necessary access to browse product categories and access the 'Store Admin'. Please feel free to log in and test it out.

www.stareatthis.com ** link updated. Jan 27, 04

http://noah.kerkness.ca/
username = demo password = demo

I basically would like to know if there is any interest in this module. I am at a point now where I've got my previous code working nicely in xoops, but it would need a little more organization before I could package it as a download. If there is interest, I'll be glad to make it available for download.

All comments welcome.

Things to note:
- some experimental css 'tool-tips' in use that haven't been tested in all browsers, but most.
- go ahead and edit something or add a product/category.

I'll be adding the following functionality soon(ish)
- image upload when adding a product
- shopping cart
- customer profiles
- product ratings
- start integrating it with other cool XOOPS modules (xdirectory for one perhaps :) plus notifications and comments for products ect. )

simon132
Re: kStore - product catalogue demo
  • 2004/1/14 4:50

• simon132

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/11/19

I would like to see your catalogue system as a module, particularly if you can get the shopping cart as well. One thiong I am looking for is the ability to build a 'product'. For example, a tennis racket, then be able to choose grip size, then type of string, then tension, etc. Lots of options I guess.

fatman
  • 2004/1/14 4:55

• fatman

• Friend of XOOPS

I think you can do this easily in my catalogue. If you go to Option Groups. You can basically start creating categories of product options which can then be added to any product.

Each product in the demo should have a 'edit' icon next to it. You use this to quickly add an option group to your product. Add as many as you like.

builderb
  • 2004/1/14 4:55

• builderb

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2003/8/4 2

Very nice!! I like it.

Keep us posted on any updates you make.

-Builderb

limecity
  • 2004/1/14 4:56

• limecity

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/7/6 0

Yeah man..thats cool...
its less complicated than OScommerce..

I think i ever found this kstore over hotscripts.com

I have a suggestion. Not everyone wants to run ecommerce on their site. Maybe they own a small shop selling cds.
On their website , they only wants to show the product information, thats all. No need add to cart.

Example, user clicks on product category, and find the items he wants, and click on the item, then the page shows detail and description information regarding the product.

Just like what you already did except for the Add to cart.

Even better, maybe its possible to have the admin able to enable or disable the addtocart

Wingz
  • 2004/1/14 5:26

• Wingz

• Just popping in

• Since: 2002/8/23

Great idea!

If you can keep it slimmed down (not as bloated as OsC for instance) and if you can organise SSL into the package (maybe the module opens as target=_blank in https or something) you're on a real winner here.

Don't rush though! Friday OK?

simon132
  • 2004/1/21 23:52

• simon132

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/11/19

Really hanging out for this as a module. It would complement xdirectory very nicely.

Any timeline for availablility? Would be happy to beta!

Wingz
  • 2004/1/27 7:56

• Wingz

• Just popping in

• Since: 2002/8/23

Also hanging out to see it develop. There must be thousands of sites that don't need full-blown carts but something like this that's not overly large could be great. As I said earlier, keen to see how you handle the security (SSL) side of things. Just want to continue encourage you with this.

fatman
  • 2004/1/28 1:52

• fatman

• Friend of XOOPS

thanks for the encouragement. I've got a new demo available.

http://noah.kerkness.ca/

login user: demo
login pass: demo

notes:
- this is a dev server and the dns doesn't work all the time. if you can't hit this url.. pm me.
- I may have debugging on :)
- you may find bugs. if you find something that could be a bug.. pm me

Things i've added:

Shopping Cart goes all the way to supplying payment information. I do plan on making the who check out optional.

LOTS of additions to the site admin!! now called no-ah admin.

Things still getting done:

Tighter validation, and cleaner deletion.
Form returns in the admin section are dynamic but i think remains buggy.
Searching in the admin section could be buggy.
Integration between store 'customer and 'xoops user' is very loose at the moment in that a XOOPS user account is not required for a customer account. Short story, duplicate logins until I have more time to look at $xoopsUser and othe r core features.

Feel free to send me private messages with any and all bugs / suggestions.

Also general comments on the admin section are also welcome. This is a concept I am working on. Currently if you have the correct permissions (root) you can actually extend the database tables and fields, even create new tables just by adding/editing system groups (tables) and system fields in the control panel. I won't go too much into that right now, but tell me if it looks interesting.

edit..
comment on ssl, we'll see. At this point it ultimately depends on how much the client in going to pay for gateway services et all

fatman
beta module download
  • 2004/1/30 7:22

• fatman

• Friend of XOOPS

hi. in case anyone is following this thread.
I've got a beta copy of the module available for download.

http://noah.kerkness.ca/noah.zip

Please read the README.txt file before installing.

I really would like any and all feedback. I really want to make this a module which is easy to use, understand and set up. However this is also the first time I am every releasing code for such a purpose and welcome suggestions and assistance from people more experienced with XOOPS standards.

Login

Who's Online

131 user(s) are online (88 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 131

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits