samo
Cannot log out and cannot see admin screen
  • 2004/1/12 8:37

• samo

• Just popping in

• Since: 2002/10/14

Hello,

I have a XOOPS 2.0.5 site running with the IPB module, and the IPB theme (to make the switch from IPB easier for the other members) but I have two problems: one with the admin panel, and one with logging out. It can be that these are related, though.
I always log in with the admin account.
When I do not access the site overnight (sometimes I really need the rest) and I open it again the next morning, I am still logged in, I can edit messages en post messages, I can see modules you need to log in to, but I cannot see the Administration Menu.
To get the Administration Menu I need to log out and log in again.
So, I click 'Log Out', I get the message 'Thank you for logging out', and go back to the home page, to see I am still logged in! I can click 'log out' as often as i want to, but it keeps me logged in.
This issue occurs both with Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firebird, both on Windows 2000 with a solid network connection (at work) and Windows XP with dial-in.

With Mozilla it is easy enough to remove all cookies, and then I am logged off, but I am looking for an easier solution.

Could this be a theme issue? If so, I will change the theme and see if i still have the same issue.

The sever is APACHE on Linux, but I don't think this matters...

and for those interested, the site is www.arnecoomans.org/ups

Bassman
Re: Cannot log out and cannot see admin screen
  • 2004/1/12 9:29

• Bassman

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/5/23

I think this may have something to do with the "Garbage collection" routine, i've seen other posts along the same lines. Perhaps you could do a search on that topic.

samo
  • 2004/1/12 11:00

• samo

• Just popping in

Thanks for the quick reply, but I do not think this is a garbage collect issue.
What I have quickly read about the Garbage Collect, it means that the server is only updated once every so-many times.
The issue I have is just slightly different, I believe the server should be updated immideately.
I have tried a bit more.
When I log in the same day, the administration menu is shown and the logout button works. But when I stay logged in overnight, so without any action for a long time, the logout-button doesnt work. I can press logout, get confirmation, and then I can still edit messages etc.
But I have no reference to the administration menu.
Strange, innit?

Bassman
  • 2004/1/12 21:20

• Bassman

• Friend of XOOPS

Strange indeed :o)
I'm afraid I personally don't have an answer for you, perhaps someone smarter than me will have one :o)

samo
  • 2004/1/15 8:43

• samo

• Just popping in

I think the issue has been solved now.
Appearently it has something to do with a wrong setting in (or the use of) Custom Sessions. I disabled custom sessions and now when I come back after a night of well deserved sleep, the account is logged out.
Problem solved!

Bassman
  • 2004/1/15 9:35

• Bassman

• Friend of XOOPS

I was going to suggest that actually (no, really I was!)
Anyhow i'm glad you've got it sorted.

samo
  • 2004/1/15 12:40

• samo

• Just popping in

hehe bassman, you should have..
I can't remember why i wanted custom sessions anyway...

Herko
  • 2004/1/15 12:49

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

I do.. you have IPB running on your site, and wanted to use the auto-login hack. That hack may cause the aforementioned problems. This is also due to the fact that it needs custom sessions activated.

Herko

Login

Who's Online

232 user(s) are online (134 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 232

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits