c_carman
screwed it up - no system control on admin page
  • 2004/1/12 6:27

• c_carman

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/1/8 2

I somehow screwed up my administration page so that only the modules have admin icons and controls. All the system admin links are gone. The only thing I recall doing that may have had an ill effect was modifying the webmaster group very slightly. All I did was uncheck visibility of a custom html block. I only wanted it to be visible for non-registered users so I removed the single check mark in both the webmaster group and registered users. The change did do what I intended, however, the next time I went to the admin menu I had no icon for the system.

How do I get the system admin details back into the admin menu?

What is the database table, row and setting that is set when a module is installed? I'm assuming this must get checked to decide which module icon show up on the admin page left column.

I running XOOPS 2.0.5.1, PHP 4.3.4, MySQL ver. 4.0.15-standard.

Thanks,
Craig Carman

gnagis
Re: screwed it up - no system control on admin page
  • 2004/1/12 8:52

• gnagis

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/1/11

yeh want some answer on this... ((it hapend me to)) and i was doing the exact thing as he did :/

so this shall go in the bugg report to..

and hey i need my menu back :/

kahumbu
  • 2004/1/12 12:23

• kahumbu

• Documentation Writer

• Since: 2003/8/23

Try to search the forums first. This is a fairly common newbie problem.

Please check this Forum Thread.

Panos
  • 2004/1/12 12:25

• Panos

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/3/20

Damn, why are you people double-posting?!!! I just answered this question in another thread!! And yes, check the forums for heaven's sake!!

gnagis
  • 2004/1/12 14:35

• gnagis

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/1/11

i was trying doing a search for "admin" and "system" thats how i found this.. nothing more.. but sorry i will try search deeper next time.. but thanx for the answer

c_carman
  • 2004/1/12 19:41

• c_carman

• Just popping in

That wasn't me in the other forum. I know not to double post and I did search the forums but had no luck. I'll admit I was probably too tired to effectively search well, but I apparently wasn't using a relevant search term because I found it today.

Thanks for your concern. Respectfully, . . . relax, be careful not to elevate blood pressure on the small stuff.

I found:
Quote:
http://www.yoursite.com/modules/system/admin.php?fct=groups

and
Quote:
Re: Bug/Error/Newbie Mistake?
Go to the 'users' table in your database, find your admin user, and edit rank=7 and level=5, that should do it :)

In my case, my settings in the user table were already or still rank=7 and level=5. So, I tried that link while logged in as webmaster. That page came up blank the first few tries when I discovered how to get there on my site. I have my site set up without the www 3rd level domain. So, that little difference got me into the page.
http://yoursite.com/modules/system/admin.php?fct=groups
(no www prefix)
Once there I found in addition to the one block setting I had made that all the System Admin rights were unchecked. I re-checked them all and I'm back working properly.

Thanks,
Craig

c_carman
  • 2004/1/12 19:44

• c_carman

• Just popping in

my next order of business is:
backup before next screwup!

Login

Who's Online

158 user(s) are online (96 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 158

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits